View Full Version : Wordprocessing on the smartphone?

ricksfiona
06-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Any news on any word processing software for the Smartphone? I eMailed the people over at TextMaker who make a WP program for PPC and they told me that they won't be porting their software to the Smartphone. Any other takers?

Mike Temporale
06-15-2005, 11:13 AM
There is an excel port called PTAB. You can find it here. (http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=1434)

Otherwise, there isn't much news. :(

sracer
06-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Yep, not much news.

But if you need to create formatted documents on the smartphone, you might consider using WordPad (freeware smartphone editor) and create the document using basic html. You can use Pocket IE to "preview" the document. Then when you return to a PC, you can import the html into Word or your favorite word processor. I've used this method and it works surprisingly well.

WordPad provides keyboard shortcuts for basic html tags. So even if you aren't comfortable with html, it can be a great aid in using it.

Obviously this isn't the best solution, but the only one that I can think of given the existing software for smartphones.

phoenixag
06-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I use Wordpad all the time and its really great. The best part is that its free :)

Try it out. Although I haven't used the method the above user uses, it does sound like it could work great.

Rocco Augusto
06-17-2005, 04:42 AM
i use Pocket Notepad and I have been really happy with that but my only use for it is to write HTML/XHTML/CSS/ASP/PHP. besides that i really don't use it for much else :)

-opti-