View Full Version : SounCover for Windows Mobile

PfcBgd
06-14-2005, 09:06 AM
SounCover for Windows Mobile
Does it exist?

Mike Temporale
06-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Sorry, I'm not familiar with SounCover. What does the application do?

PfcBgd
06-14-2005, 11:03 AM
SoundCover gives you the ability to add a background sound to any incoming or outgoing call, giving the impression that you really are in the environment where the background sound is normally heard (office, traffic, construction yard etc.).
It’s available for symbian os phones.
Great application for making excuses.

Mike Temporale
06-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Oh, so it would play beach noises in the background of the call if you should be at the beach. Or office noises if you're on the golf course and your boss calls. :lol:

I haven't heard of anything like that. Interesting idea for an application. :wink:

PfcBgd
06-14-2005, 11:17 AM
It’s available for Symbian os phones.

Mike Temporale
06-14-2005, 01:28 PM
You've already mentioned that. What I am saying is that I have not heard of any applications like this. Perhaps there is something already out there in the Windows Mobile market, but I haven't heard of it. :)

PfcBgd
06-14-2005, 03:24 PM
I hope so. If you hear anything post it here. :)

phoenixag
06-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Actually, the app is called SounderCover. I had it installed on my Nokia 6600 when I had that and was pretty surprised to find no apps like that on the smartphone.

In fact, 2 or 3 companies make a similar app for Symbian phones. I remember other apps too which did the same thing.

It's really surprising how our smartphones don't have the ability to record a call or put in other sounds. I miss that one feature from my Nokia.

And no, I don't want to record calls secretly :P All the Nokias had a beep after every 5 seconds when a call was being recorded, so the other party always knew.

But its handy when you want to save everything a person is telling you (something important) and you have no place to write it down.

Maybe the Smartphone just does not have an interface to do any sort of things relating to sound while a call is going on?