View Full Version : Getting by with just a Smartphone

Mike Temporale
06-06-2005, 07:00 PM
"My latest gadget (an Audiovox SMT-5600 smartphone) was the only electronic device that I took with me on my latest cross-country trip back to NY. As a veteran "mobile warrior", I previously used notebook PCs, and Pocket PCs, plus a cell phone for all of my electronic needs. But this was the first time that I used a single device for EVERYTHING."

Smartphone Thoughts forum member, sracer, decided to leave all the other gadgets at home, and just take his trusty SMT5600 on his latest trip to the Big Apple. No Laptop, no Pocket PC, no MP3/Personal Media player, just the tiny Audiovox Smartphone. I wonder how many of us could really leave everything else behind and just use our Smartphones - for even a weekend? I don't think I could. While my Smartphone is a key part of my connected life, I usually find myself hauling along my laptop or a WiFi enabled Pocket PC. Take a look at sracer's journey, and let us know what you think. Could you last a weekend with only a Smartphone?

Please continue the discussion in the original thread. (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8488)