View Full Version : New SMT 5600 Owner Cool Things to Do?

volcomjerk
06-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Hey guys I know this is probably a repost but I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to doing cool things to my new smartphone. So far I love it and I couldn't ever think of getting any other phone.

I also wanted to get email setup properly and am not sure how to get POP3 enabled on it. Also I have been reading about WM05 will it be possible for me to upgrade it on my SMT?

Great community and am glad to be a part of it!

Mike Temporale
06-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Hey guys I know this is probably a repost but I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction to doing cool things to my new smartphone. So far I love it and I couldn't ever think of getting any other phone.

Sure. What do you want to do with it? 8)

I also wanted to get email setup properly and am not sure how to get POP3 enabled on it.

It's pretty easy, just launch the email client, and click Menu / Options / Account Setup / Menu / New and follow the on-screen prompts. It will walk you through adding all the information.

Also I have been reading about WM05 will it be possible for me to upgrade it on my SMT?

At this point, there is no Smartphone vendor that has commited to releasing the upgrade to customers. So there is a really good chance that an upgrade will not be made available. :( Unfortunate, but the SMT5600 is a solid phone the way it is. So it's not a total lose.

Great community and am glad to be a part of it!

Cool. Glad to have you here! 8)

SnozBerries
06-04-2005, 09:31 PM
For POP3 email to work, you will need some sort of data plan.

If you haven't done so, buy a MINI SD card for the phone. That will allow you to install more applicaitons, store & listen to MP3's, etc. One thing that really impresses people is the ability to watch movies on your phone. I use DVD Decrypter and PocketDivXEncoder to encode my DVDs into DIVX AVI files, and then use Betaplayer to watch the movies on my phone.

gcherian
06-05-2005, 03:34 AM
If you are a fairly consistent email user you might want to consider running the program so that the mail and attachments are saved on the miniSD card, rather than phone memory. (Forgot the name, I Am sure others will help with the name!)

Other things that I use smart phone for

1. Papyrus for calendar/schedule/task
2. NewsBreak - RSS reader
3. Flexwallet - for all the cards and passwords
4. Personal Vehicle Manager

Mike Temporale
06-05-2005, 12:09 PM
If you are a fairly consistent email user you might want to consider running the program so that the mail and attachments are saved on the miniSD card, rather than phone memory. (Forgot the name, I Am sure others will help with the name!)

Tweaks2K .Net does this for you.

Oh, and that's a pretty nice list you made. I'm using all or almost all of those. They're all great apps. 8)

lb505
06-06-2005, 03:06 AM
I listen to Audible books from my phone. An FM transmitter plays them nicely over my car speakers when I am driving.

joan_fl
06-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Like everyone else I use mostly the MP3 player... I listen to a radio show out of DC that is uploaded every night :) Get a 512 or 1Gig Mini SD, and listen away.