View Full Version : Razr V3 Smartphone???????`

xxpinballxx
05-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Anyone know if there is any truth to moto coming out with a razr smartphone?

I read it somewhere and heard a couple guys at cingular talking about it. Just wondering.

Mike Temporale
05-28-2005, 03:56 AM
I haven't heard anything official. Or anything at all to indicate that there might be even a little truth to that story. :(

rdecker
05-29-2005, 02:48 AM
Anyone know if there is any truth to moto coming out with a razr smartphone?

I read it somewhere and heard a couple guys at cingular talking about it. Just wondering.

Here you go.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/5573682046967882/

Mike Temporale
05-29-2005, 03:00 AM
That's hardly the truth. It's nothing more than a rumor. There is no real information available on this other than the chance that it might be happening. :(

Rocco Augusto
05-29-2005, 03:55 AM
actually there is a lot of truth behind that article. i work for cingular and was lucky enough to be included in a presentation not to long ago (april 2005) where a motorola rep presented us with a powerpoint presentation of motorolas phone line up for 2005.

motorola plans on releasing 4 new smart devices. one of the devices will be the RAZRberry except it will be running the RIM blackberry software that was recently licensed from RIM a couple months ago. The device will sport a brushed aluminum outer shellsimilar to the RAZR except with a raised QWERTY keyboard that are on the current blackberry's.

Other devices Moto is planning to release this year is a Linux based smart device as well as an updated MPx220 which will sport WM2005 as well as EDGE support (dubbed MPx230 - Q4). The forth device, which we were told was still in limbo, was another WM2005 phone similar to the MPx (MPx300) but with much improved hardware.

Not even a couple days ago I asked the same rep if Moto is still releasing the devices since there has been reports that the MPx230 has been canceled and said at this time, as far as he knows, there are no plans to cancel this device and Motorola requested that he keeps it in his presentation.

So only time will tell but if everything goes smoothly we should have a beautiful new blackberry by the end of the year :)

-opti-

xxpinballxx
05-29-2005, 01:36 PM
well i hope its true it would be nice to have the razr with some spartphone capabilities. thanks for the replies guys.

Mike Temporale
05-29-2005, 08:46 PM
According to this post (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=641623&page=6&pp=15) at HoFo, it may well exist, but it's not Windows Mobile based. They even have a artists rendition of the device. It doesn't look like anything special from that picture.

rdecker
05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
A Bar Phone :cry: YUCK.

Jerry Raia
05-29-2005, 11:39 PM
Folks, we are talking about Moto here. Let's keep our heads. I am certain what ever they release will be.....well.....whats the word I'm looking for..............................

JUNK?

Thats it ...Junk. :lol:

Rocco Augusto
05-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Folks, we are talking about Moto here. Let's keep our heads. I am certain what ever they release will be.....well.....whats the word I'm looking for..............................

JUNK?

it will be pretty junk though ;)

AMelis
06-09-2005, 01:21 PM

JUNK?

it will be pretty junk though ;)

And some of the better junk around! :lol: