View Full Version : Free NewsBreak Lite RSS Feed Reader for Pocket PC and Smartphone

Jerry Raia
05-27-2005, 06:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4558' target='_blank'>http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=4558</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Geekzone and Ilium Software teamed to offer an incredible offer: a free NewsBreak Lite RSS feed reader for your Windows Mobile Pocket PC or Smartphone. RSS is a technology that allows web site publishers to make their content available through a syndicated “feed” that users can elect to receive. Users can then view the feed with the help of a RSS feed reader, like NewsBreak Lite. Using RSS, users can receive the most up-to-date information, delivered to them in their RSS reader."</i><br /><br />Now who can argue with free? We have talked about this software before here and now you can have a lite version. It is limited to 5 feeds but if you have been thinking about trying this now you can.

Mike Temporale
05-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Wow! What a great deal. :D Way to go Ilium and GeekZone!

gcherian
05-28-2005, 01:30 AM
I like this concept of a lite version - which is free. This essentially introduces the marginal user to the product and then when they get more comfortable and want more features, they will be willing to pay for the software which they already love and know that they serve the purpose.

I know the trial version is also based on the same principles, but what I have seen (atleast for me!) you install it and forget about for a few days then you try again and soon the trial is over and you are fustrated more than satisfied!

Good Idea and I love the program (I have the full version!)

Mike Temporale
05-28-2005, 04:04 AM
what I have seen (atleast for me!) you install it and forget about for a few days then you try again and soon the trial is over and you are fustrated more than satisfied!

I know that I've done this more than a couple times. :oops:

Jerry Raia
05-28-2005, 04:10 AM
You guys are so lazy. When that happens just do a hard reset and reinstall everything. :roll:

:rotfl:

gcherian
05-29-2005, 07:09 PM
You guys are so lazy. When that happens just do a hard reset and reinstall everything. :roll:

:rotfl:

Wish it was that easy - with all the programs and xml files - i hate to hard reset - but I know if it is absolutely needed I can spend few hours and get everything back to normal. Thinking about it - maybe I am a bit lazy....lol

Jerry Raia
05-29-2005, 07:24 PM
I really was kidding, trials should be based on either number of times used or if its gotta be a day thing then only count a day if the program is started that day. I think we drifted OT here a bit :lol:

Darius Wey
05-30-2005, 04:28 AM
maybe I am a bit lazy....lol

It's not even about being lazy anymore. Hard resetting is just a total pain in the a**. :lol:

scottb
05-30-2005, 06:36 PM
I just installed this lite version last night. I did try the full version back when it was in beta. I like this news reader, the free version is a really nice idea. The only thing I don't like it that you can only mark the entire category as being read. If you read 10 of 18 items, then come back later, none are marked read. You have to explicitly mark all of them read.