View Full Version : Any new on the new HTC QVGA screened device?

possmann
05-19-2005, 03:45 PM
I recall reading something about Orange having a phone or testing the higher resolution... I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding how the process is going along or...

Now with the release of the new mobile os - do you think that the new hardware devices (I betcha it will only be HTC devices - which is OK by me, they are great) will hold until something like Q3?

I am really hesitating on purchasing the Cingular 5600...

The cost first of all - That is the same phone as ATT offered for $50 - I refuse to pay $150 more for something that is technically already out of date - and has had no improvements on it - period. It's just wrong.

With the knoweldge of the QVGA screened HTC device AND the new OS, it would be my luck to drop $200 and a 2 year contract with Cing just to see a newer HTC device with the new OS pop on the market in a couple of months.

What are your thoughts?

Mark Larson
05-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Yup, there is a next-generation phone coming out soon. How soon it will reach the US is out of our hands. We have yet to see it launched in the UK, and the US is historically slow in bringing in new phones. I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get the new QVGA device from the usual sites for $450-600 by the end of the year, and see it released by a carrier (if at all) by next year.

In short, enjoy your SMT-5600 because its replacement is far far away.

Jerry Raia
05-20-2005, 08:45 AM
I for one am enjoying mine :)