View Full Version : adware problems on SmartphoneThoughts website

redman
05-12-2005, 01:39 PM
I constantly have problems with adware (Avenue A and Double-Click) being blocked on almost every SmartphoneThoughts web page and frequently cannot even view the pages of this site. Does anyone have any tips or work arounds to alleviate this problem?

I also tried buying a game from this site and for some reason the site will not accept any credit cards that I try to use and when I ask for help the support people basically say "too bad" call your credit card... which is crap, I guess they don't want to sell softwrae much... Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Jason Dunn
05-13-2005, 06:03 PM
I constantly have problems with adware (Avenue A and Double-Click) being blocked on almost every SmartphoneThoughts web page and frequently cannot even view the pages of this site. Does anyone have any tips or work arounds to alleviate this problem?

This article should explain it:
http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,6896

The bottom line is that anti-spyware programs block cookies to make you think they're more vital than they really are. Cookies are not spyware. They do not violate your privacy, because they don't contain private information such as your name, email address, etc.

Mike Temporale
05-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I also tried buying a game from this site and for some reason the site will not accept any credit cards that I try to use and when I ask for help the support people basically say "too bad" call your credit card... which is crap, I guess they don't want to sell softwrae much... Any suggestions?

Just to clarify, we don't sell anything. The game you are attempting to buy is from our affiliate store, Smartphone.net. It's not us rejecting your credit card. ;) Because of this, there isn't much I can do.

What error do you get? Is it possible that your credit card company doesn't allow internet purchases? or out of state/international purchases? Also, it could be that your credit card company doesn't provide the online verification systems that Smartphone.net is looking for. Oh, and one more thought, maybe the card has reached it's limit?

ARW
05-13-2005, 07:00 PM
I've bought perhaps too much from the affiliate and all without any problems. I would have to guess that the problem lies with your cc rather than the affiliate. Do you have trouble with other online sales outfits?

Mike Temporale
05-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I've bought perhaps too much from the affiliate ...

Too much? There is no such thing. :lol: ;)

Jerry Raia
05-14-2005, 12:21 AM
I've had that happen with a perfectly good CC on lots of sites. I just use another card and I'm good to go. Hmmmmm maybe I have too many cards?? :lol:

Mike Temporale
05-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Redman,

Please disregard my earlier post. The problem is not with your credit card, but with Smartphone.net. I have isolated the issue and will be in touch with them first thing Monday morning (if not sooner) to get this issue resolved.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience or hassle this may have caused you. I will post back here once the problem is fixed. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please use the contact us page to send me an email so I can properly address them.

Mike Temporale
05-20-2005, 01:16 PM
I have been assured by Smartphone.net that all of the problems are fixed. Please try using the store again, and let me know if you continue to have problems. You can either post back here, or use the Contact page (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/contact.php) to send me an email.