View Full Version : Still No File Sync Conduit in Windows Mobile 5 and ActiveSync 4

Jason Dunn
05-12-2005, 12:00 AM
If you've used your Smartphone for more than a week you've undoubtedly installed an application or two that requires a data file of some sort. In my case, it's <a href="http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=987">FlexWallet from Two Peaks</a> (fantastic app!). I need the same data file on my Pocket PC, desktop, and Smartphone. Two Peaks has created a sync conduit, but it's a bit clunky and not integrated into ActiveSync. Much to my frustration, this feature is still missing from the latest updates to Windows Mobile and ActiveSync. For the life of me, I can't figure out why this is still missing after three releases! Why is Microsoft so completely out of touch with reality on this feature? :?

dd-mj
05-12-2005, 01:21 AM
I am so with you on this issue. This is actually the first thing which surprised me when I purchased my MPX220. As a long time PocketPC users, it was absolutely amazing to me that MS dropped this feature from the smartphone. Even if they did not see a need for it, it seems like they could have left it in.

I am really one of the most pro MS people around, but crap like this make it hard for me to respect thier efforts.

Mike Temporale
05-12-2005, 01:59 AM
:twak:

What are they thinking! I thought for sure it would be included in this release. This feature is fast becoming the biggest drawback of the Smartphone platform.

Jerry Raia
05-12-2005, 02:42 AM
This is the same thing that happened with Firefox. MS doesn't pay attention then they end up having to buy the competitor. I wonder if they ARE looking to buy Mozilla. :lol:

xultar
05-12-2005, 03:05 AM
This is the same thing that happened with Firefox. MS doesn't pay attention then they end up having to buy the competitor. I wonder if they ARE looking to buy Mozilla. :lol:

Well they will have to purchase the people that make rubber sync data. IT works beautifully with Smartphone and PocketPC

joeonsunset
05-17-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm confused-- the Files sync type in ActiveSync won't duplicate this functionality? I use Files sync all the time.

Mike Temporale
05-17-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm confused-- the Files sync type in ActiveSync won't duplicate this functionality? I use Files sync all the time.

On your Smartphone, or on your Pocket PC? The File Sync found in ActiveSync only works with the Pocket PC, and not the Smartphone. :(