View Full Version : The Worst Thing You Could Do to South Korean Teenager? Take Away Their Cellphone

Kris Kumar
05-04-2005, 04:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997041935/' target='_blank'>http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997041935/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Want to punish a South Korean middle school or high school student? Forget about grounding them or whatever it is parents in South Korea do these days, because a survey done by an ad agency over there found that most students said that confiscating their cellphone, and thus their connection to the outside world, would be the absolute harshest punishment you could mete out."</i><br /><br /><i>Ouch!</i> Having your Smartphone taken away from you can be the worst form of punishment. How do I know? That is how my fiancée punishes me. :-( What are your thoughts? Have you punished or been punished in this manner? :-)

Sven Johannsen
05-04-2005, 07:16 PM
That is how my fiancée punishes me.
She must be pretty secure in your relationship if she is a fiancee' and is punishing you...unless of course you are in to that sort of thing :twisted:

Mike Temporale
05-04-2005, 07:20 PM
I can't say that I have been punished in this fashion. I will however, use this method on my kids when they get a little older. Although, they are such angels, they don't need punishment. :rotfl:

Sven Johannsen
05-04-2005, 07:28 PM
I can't say that I have been punished in this fashion. I will however, use this method on my kids when they get a little older. Although, they are such angels, they don't need punishment. :rotfl:

Actually, when my kids were kids, they didn't have cell phones, and no-one but the drug dealers in school had pagers. Guess that has changed. For me...you want my cell phone...fine...only time I get calls is when someone expects me to do something. Not having it is a vacation, not a punishment. Wonder what would happen if all those teenagers paid their own bills and got calls telling them to do their chores, finish their homework, here's another assignment the teacher forgot to give you.....etc.