View Full Version : .lnk to dial a call?

gai-jin
04-30-2005, 02:20 AM
I want to get the effect of a 'FastForward' cradle for my smt5600. I've found Xbar, which will activate a specific .lnk file on power connect or disconnect. What I need now is a way to make a .lnk dial a call.

The end effect will be that when power is connected, the phone automatically dials the code to forward all calls to my home phone. When power is disconnected, it should dial the code to unforward my calls.

Any help on how to creat a shortcut to dial this call would be appreciated.

Mike Temporale
04-30-2005, 04:28 AM
I like the idea, but I don't know where you should start. If it's even possible. :? You would have to make sure that the application lock on your device has been turned off.

gai-jin
04-30-2005, 05:24 AM
Application lock??

And I'm not really looking to make an application to do it, but rather to use the existing capability of xbar to launch a shortcut when power is connected or disconnected. What I'm looking for is some secret string something along the lines of

"Dialer.exe /tn #xx#999-999-9999" which would just call the dialer and pass to it a specific number to dial. Guess it's not likely to be that easy, but...

Or, I got a reply to my support request from xbar, they suggest using xmacro to do it. From what little I've gathered, I've found that xmacros can be used to emulate button presses on the phone? If this is the case, then an xmacro to dial this specific number would work as well, I think...

Gai-jin

Mike Temporale
04-30-2005, 11:44 AM
The dialing protion of the phone is restricted. I don't know that just anything can call the dialer and tell it to call something.

If xMarco emulates button presses, then you should be able to change the forwarding settings the normal way (start / settings / Phone / Call Forwarding / Unconditional ) Which should be pretty easy.

gai-jin
04-30-2005, 01:40 PM
That would work too, though dialing the codes would seem easier... less relying on menu response etc.

**21*PhoneNumber# ----Forward all
#21# Deactivate Forward
##21# Unregister Forwarding number
*#21# Check status

gai-jin
04-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Don't some wap pages have shortcuts built in that will dial a phone number? If so, that method might work...

Or are phone numbers just parsed by the browser and converted to a link?