View Full Version : Send software to my MOTOROLA MPX200.

joelb69
04-24-2005, 03:39 PM
I used to have a nokia 3650 with witch i was able to send software through bluetooth and a software program made by nokia. I found a lot of software for my MOTOROLA MPX200 and i want to know how to send it.

p.s. I have no data cable

Mike Temporale
04-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Does the MPx200 have Bluetooth? It's been a while, and I never owned one, so I don't recall...

If it does, you need to create a ActiveSync partnership using Bluetooth, and then you can install the software.

Kris Kumar
04-24-2005, 06:26 PM
I would highly recommend buying a data cable. Do you have a digital camera. The chances are that the cable from the camera will work for the MPx200. All you need is a cable with miniUSB on one end and regular USB connector on the other end. These cables are in-expensive.

If not..do you have data plan? I mean can you receive mails or surf the net?

If you can, you can mail yourself the .CAB installer files for the programs you wish to install. And in the MPx200 mails client, download the mail attachment.

joelb69
04-24-2005, 07:00 PM
I've never even heard of a mini usb is it fire wire? What dose the slot look like?

Kris Kumar
04-24-2005, 07:13 PM
I've never even heard of a mini usb is it fire wire? What dose the slot look like?

Check out the base of the MPx200. The connector at the base is the miniUSB connector I am talking about. ;-) There may be a plastic/rubber plug covering the connector at the base. You may have to remove it.

Most of the newer cameras have the same connector.

Kris Kumar
04-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Does the MPx200 have Bluetooth? It's been a while, and I never owned one, so I don't recall...

Unfortunately the MPx200 does not have BT. :-( The biggest drawback of an otherwise decent phone.

Mike Temporale
04-25-2005, 01:11 AM

Unfortunately the MPx200 does not have BT. :-( The biggest drawback of an otherwise decent phone.

Ah... I never had one.

That said, you need a cable. Check out some place like Boxwave. (http://www.boxwave.com) or pick one up at your local computer shop. You'll need a USB to mini-USB cable.

the_patriot
05-02-2005, 04:29 PM
thank you for all