View Full Version : .NET VNC Viewer for Smartphones

Mike Temporale
04-09-2005, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://dotnetvnc.sourceforge.net/' target='_blank'>http://dotnetvnc.sourceforge.net/</a><br /><br /></div><i>".NET VNC Viewer is a VNC viewer written entirely in C#. It is binary compatible with Smartphones, Pocket PCs and Windows desktops (with .NET Compact Framework or .NET Framework). I write this mainly because other VNC viewers on Pocket PC do not do full screen and screen rotation."</i><br /><br />This VNC Viewer should work on the Windows Desktop, all Pocket PC's, and all Smartphones with the .NET Framework installed. It offers a full screen mode, client-side scaling, screen rotation, history, and even support for higher resolutions (which we don't have on the Smartphone, yet. ;) ). I fully expect that this would be slow as can be over GPRS, so here's hoping that we start seeing WiFi enabled Smartphones soon!

cesarfong
04-09-2005, 03:07 PM
yes mike as you say is slow using a gprs connection... a wifi enable sp will be very nice... and qVGA ;)

RoniXt
04-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Actually, the speed of VNC over GPRS is not that bad.
There was even a guy over at HowardForums who figured out that surfing the net on your desktop over a GPRS VNC connection is faster than PIE's native page rendering speed over the same bandwidth.

Mike Temporale
04-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Actually, the speed of VNC over GPRS is not that bad.
There was even a guy over at HowardForums who figured out that surfing the net on your desktop over a GPRS VNC connection is faster than PIE's native page rendering speed over the same bandwidth.

8O Interesting....

Bushrod
04-09-2005, 09:03 PM
I found it unuseably slow over gprs. Strabgely enough, PTvncS over gprs isn't too bad.

nikeboymn
04-11-2005, 06:18 PM
How do you get the VPN to connect with the smartphone? I'm trying to use this app, but the computer I'm connecting to is behind a firewall so I'll need to VPN in to connect to it. the VPN settings are plugged in and the connection is set to automatic....