View Full Version : Verizon Keeps Its Customers Happy

Kris Kumar
04-10-2005, 01:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv4.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=579207&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=162691&bmUID=1112932558590' target='_blank'>http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv4.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=579207&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=162691&bmUID=1112932558590</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Complaint data obtained by Consumers Union, publisher of Consumer Reports and ConsumerReports.org, from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) show that Cingular and AT&amp;T, which combined last year to form the nation's largest wireless phone company, have the worst combined complaint record for 2004. AT&amp;T alone has had the worst complaint record two years running. ... If you're considering a change of wireless carrier, you may want to look first to Verizon. It had the lowest number of complaints per customer among national carriers, and among all the carriers, relatively few complaints about service quality and billing."</i><br /><br />It doesn't look like Cingular has started benefiting from the AT&amp;T Wireless deal. According to the complaint data, Cingular had the worst complaint record in 2004, Verizon did the best. I was surprised to see T-Mobile in the same neighborhood as Cingular. :? It's time for a quick poll and rank our wireless carriers.

Jerry Raia
04-10-2005, 03:15 PM
My experience has been the exact opposite. I have found Verizon to have the dumbest customer service people by far. I was very impressed with how Cingular handled the MPx220 disaster.

patness
04-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Att has horrible customer service. They triple charged my bill and tried to blame me for pressing the button on internet billpay too many times. I had to point out to them that I had never opened an internet account with them and the transaction occured over the phone. Very rude and unprofessional. To make a long story short a total of 5 hours on the phone with customer service I ended up having to dispute the charge with my credit card because if att/cingular corrected it they would "have to jump through quite a few hoops." I am with Verizon now and am very happy with better coverage and customer service but without my smt5600 :(.

jdmountford
04-11-2005, 09:10 PM
As a former Sprint PCS Customer and later employee I am thrilled to be associated with Verizon in both roles. No company is perfect, but most Verizon employees try every day to make the customer happy.

bobmay
04-11-2005, 10:56 PM
I think you have inadvertently just taken a poll of what carrier your readers are presently using. Pretty cool eh?

Kris Kumar
04-12-2005, 12:32 AM
I think you have inadvertently just taken a poll of what carrier your readers are presently using. Pretty cool eh?

Well that would be the case for most of us. ;-)

But I am sure all of us have experience with more than one carriers. That will come in handy (I am hoping), before one of the options is selected. ;-)

algorhythm
04-12-2005, 03:37 AM
I've tried ATT, Verinzon, Sprint and T-Mo. None are even close to perfect. In fact, the ideal carrier would have aspects of each.

ATT were okay (just okay). Sprint were good, but lousy coverage. Verizon have great coverage, but crappy phone selection. T-Mo are, in my experience, the best of a bad lot...decent phone selection, GSM (so I could buy my own SP3 and use it on their network), decent coverage in the major cities (I don't hang in mid-America much, but I hear their coverage in the rural midwest is dismal), and pretty good customer service (not always, but if you're not happy and you press the rep, you can pretty easily get a supvervisor, who usually solves the issue).

Jerry Raia
04-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Having both Verizon and Cingular at the same time I can say so far, Cingular wins this horse race for me. It looks like in this poll though the results support the article conclusion so far.

ctitanic
04-12-2005, 06:43 PM
I donīt know who is the best so I did not vote, but I can tell you for sure who is the worse: Cingular.