View Full Version : Voice recorder not working

Dlogan
04-02-2005, 04:35 AM
I have never used the voice recorder on my MPx220 before, but have used it on a friends. I really needed it today, so I recorded a note. Now when I play it back, I can't hear anything. It looks to be playing the recording, but no sound. I can't imagine what setting might need to be changed, but someone here might have an idea. I have a BT headset and don't think that would cause a problem.

Jason Dunn
04-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Does it work without the Bluetooth headset, as in, just with the internal microphone? I don't know if the Bluetooth headset necessarily connects with the Notes app, even if it does carry the audio for phone calls.

Dlogan
04-02-2005, 01:48 PM
It does not work with or without the headset. While it's in recording mode you really can't tell if the headset is active.

Jason Dunn
04-02-2005, 06:03 PM
What ROM version are you using? Have you updated it to the latest version?

Dlogan
04-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Yes, I have the latest version.

Jason Dunn
04-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Other than trying a hard reset, I'm afraid I have no suggestions - you may have some bad hardware. Voice Recorder either works or it doesn't, there's no a lot in the way of options that can allow it to get screwed up. :-)

BR
04-08-2005, 04:16 PM
well, have you tried calling the moto guys? i would try calling them before doing a hard resett-- they should get you back on track

good luck

Dlogan
04-08-2005, 04:35 PM
The only thing I can think that could have made it start working again is that I have taken the battery out a few times. That's something I have to do on a regular basis due to it locking up.

This phone is something you have a love/hate relationship with. I have had so many annoying things happen with it...but still am subborn enough to keep it. Don't know how much more love I have left for it though.

Jerry Raia
04-08-2005, 08:22 PM
This phone is something you have a love/hate relationship with. I have had so many annoying things happen with it...but still am subborn enough to keep it. Don't know how much more love I have left for it though.

Tell me about it! :lol:
The time it takes to figure out whats wrong verses the time it takes to hard reset and start over is what it has always come down to for me. It usually ends up being a hard reset. The idea of calling Moto and listening to all the voice menus and then getting some moron reading off a script is not worth it to me anyway.