View Full Version : "What part of 'Cookies Enabled' are you not understanding?!?!"

lottelita
03-21-2005, 08:20 PM
I yell this at my MPX 220 upon repeatedly receiving messages from sites telling me to turn on cookies ... when they're already on. Since I'm traveling and don't have regular desktop-internet, my phone has become my primary point of access, and my inability to, say, check my messages on Friendster ( :oops: ) is starting to make me a little bonkers. Any suggestions? Find an internet cafe?

Mike Temporale
03-21-2005, 08:51 PM
I would hazzard a guess that the error isn't really directed at Cookies. The error is most likely bassed on a couple things. Since PIE is a scalled down version of IE, and most web sites are not coded for mobile devices, they incorrectly relate an unsupported feature as cookies being turned off. Try using another browser like Opera, or ThunderHawk. I'm not saying they are any better, but something like ThunderHawk might work for you since it is more server driven.

skibee
03-22-2005, 06:36 PM
If that doesn't work, try contacting your service provider. I've heard of people having issues connecting to the internet via their MPx220s and that the problem was resolved w a quick call to your service provider.

Jerry Raia
03-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Sounds like it is connecting. PIE just won't behave :)