View Full Version : Speaker problems...

xultar
03-21-2005, 05:54 PM
When I'm on a call the other person sounds unclear, it's not quite muffled but kinda like how a blown speaker would sound. I also get loud not quite popping but kinda like a pierce popping sound.

Anyone have this issue?

busytraveler
03-31-2005, 09:03 AM
My caller sounds perfectly clear but I too hear a very strange sound sometimes. It's like a loud rumbling and last about 1/2 a second which is long when the call is important. The person on the other end says it sounds like a fax machine or old telephone modem sending a signal.

Mike Temporale
03-31-2005, 11:20 AM
I haven't heard any weird noises on my phones. It's hard to tell if these things are carrier related, or device related. :? What phones are you guys using? I've been using the C500 and SMT5600, and the sound has been amazingly good on both. Which really shouldn't be a surprise. they are the same phone after all. :wink:

Jerry Raia
03-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Even my MPx220 on Cingular doesn't do that. 8)

Mark Larson
03-31-2005, 10:54 PM
My girlfriend complains about that same noise. SMT5600 here, on T-Mobile.

xultar
04-02-2005, 01:53 AM
My girlfriend complains about that same noise. SMT5600 here, on T-Mobile.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I haven't heard a peep of the noises out of my replacement smt 5600

Mark Larson
04-02-2005, 08:32 AM
My side is perfect. Its the other side that has the problem. Let em suffer i say! :lol:

Jerry Raia
04-02-2005, 08:35 AM
My side is perfect. Its the other side that has the problem. Let em suffer i say! :lol:

I like that attitude. :lol:

busytraveler
04-15-2005, 09:23 AM
When I'm on a call the other person sounds unclear, it's not quite muffled but kinda like how a blown speaker would sound. I also get loud not quite popping but kinda like a pierce popping sound.

I'm on an unlocked MPX 220 on the ATT network. I was curious about other signals the phone was trying to send/receive while I was on a call so I disabled the automatic yahoo email checking and that seems to have solved the noise problem completely. So I have to remember to manually check my email but it's a phone first, so I consider it a small sacrafice for call clarity.

skibee
04-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Try calling your service provider maybe?? seems like it would be an issue with them rather than with the device specifically.

I can understand why this issue might occur while you're running too many programs. I would suggest just making sure you're shutting down the applications that you're not using and going from there.