View Full Version : A couple of questions regarding screen saver on MS Smartphones

heavyduty
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
- What does the screen saver look like on a MS Smartphone, and what info does it include? I don't think I've never seen a screen shot of one.

- When you have missed calls or unread messages, does it show up on the screen saver in the form of an icon? If there is one thing I can't stand in a phone then it's the need to "wake it up" in order to see this info.

- (off-topic): Is it possible to silence an incoming call (=the sound) without rejecting the call altogether?

Thank you

ARW
03-21-2005, 05:08 PM
- What does the screen saver look like on a MS Smartphone, and what info does it include? I don't think I've never seen a screen shot of one.

- When you have missed calls or unread messages, does it show up on the screen saver in the form of an icon? If there is one thing I can't stand in a phone then it's the need to "wake it up" in order to see this info.

- (off-topic): Is it possible to silence an incoming call (=the sound) without rejecting the call altogether?

Thank you

My i600 doesn't have a screen saver. After an adjustable amount of time the backlighting turns off, then the screens blanks all together. Of course, if I close the phone all of the above happens immediately.

If I receive a message it will show up on the outside screen as "New Message." On the inside screen thre will be both an icon and the right smart button will say "Message." No need to wake the phone to see the indicator on the outside screen.

As for silencing the ring on an incoming call, all I have to do is press the decrease volume button to stop the ring. The call is still answerable or rejectable after this, just no audible indication of the call.

You probably aren't using an i600, but I think most clamshell Smartphones would work similarly. As for candy bar designs, I would think they would operate the same minus the external screen and folding functionality.

heavyduty
03-21-2005, 05:33 PM
The way it looks right now I'll probably buy the sp3i, so the questions concern candy bar designs. Sorry, I should have been more specific on that.

Thanks for the quick answer though :)

Mike Temporale
03-21-2005, 05:35 PM
As for candy bar designs, I would think they would operate the same minus the external screen and folding functionality.

Yup. Pretty much the same. :D