View Full Version : Here's what I have on my SMT5600...

xultar
03-19-2005, 07:57 PM
CityTime Alarms
FlexWallet
BluetoothSwitch
Jeyo Personalizer
PhatNotes
PhotoContacts(delivered)
Tweaks2k2
Weather(free from Handango/Mmode download pretty good)
Resco SmartPak which includesPicture viewer, Batter/Memory monitor, Task Manager, Explorer 2k3, Registry Editor, Screen capture
What else do I need?

Mike Temporale
03-20-2005, 03:07 AM
What else do I need?

That all depends on what your needs are. There's a number of great apps. vNotes for voice notes or memo's, SmartphoneNotes, Lextionary, Opera, Sprite Backup, Papyrus, Lenard Maltins Movie Database, etc... So many great apps. :mrgreen:

xultar
03-22-2005, 05:59 PM
My overall strategy with my SMT5600 is to forego redundancy. I don't wanna purchase a 'better' product than what is delivered unless I absolutely have to.

So
Today I'm going to try Wordbook which looks like a great dictrionary program. I will also try newsbreak for rss feeds so I can keep up with the LBN section of my favorite message board DemocraticUnderground.com.

I haven't been too hyped up on games because the Action buttion is still a little hard for me to control.

I'll let you know about the 2 trials I'm going to download and use over the next couple of days.

ctmagnus
07-12-2005, 05:10 AM
Not having actually been in possession of a Smartphone yet, I'd suggest Sprite Backup. The Pocket PC version has saved my backside countless times!

Mike Temporale
07-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Not having actually been in possession of a Smartphone yet, I'd suggest Sprite Backup. The Pocket PC version has saved my backside countless times!

while Sprite backup is good, I'm now using the sunny soft backup app, since Sprite no longer offers a trial version. I know there app is good, but it didn't work on the C500 before, and there are a number of people reporting problems with the schedule. I'm not willing to drop the money only to find out there are problems. The Sunnysoft backup is not as feature rich, but it does have a schedule and it works. ;)

ctmagnus
07-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Thx! Good to know.

Mike Temporale
07-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Oh, and the SunnySoft app costs less too, which is another good reason - if you ask me. 8)

Jerry Raia
07-12-2005, 11:29 PM

while Sprite backup is good, I'm now using the sunny soft backup app, since Sprite no longer offers a trial version. I know there app is good, but it didn't work on the C500 before, and there are a number of people reporting problems with the schedule. I'm not willing to drop the money only to find out there are problems. The Sunnysoft backup is not as feature rich, but it does have a schedule and it works. ;)

The scheduler still doesn't work and not a peep from Sprite other than the usual "We are working hard to blah blah blah". To not offer a trial version for an application they are fully aware has problems is plain wrong. At any rate it does do manual backups ok and I have used the restore a few times successfully as well.

ctmagnus
07-29-2005, 06:23 AM
Resco SmartPak which includesPicture viewer, Batter/Memory monitor, Task Manager, Explorer 2k3, Registry Editor, Screen capture

Is the screen capture utility part of Picture Viewer? I installed all of SmartPack except Picture Viewer because I figure the built-in app is good enough for a screen this size, and I haven't noticed the screen capture function yet.

Jerry Raia
08-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Is the screen capture utility part of Picture Viewer?

No it is separate.

ctmagnus
08-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Hmm... I just redownloaded SmartPack_s03.exe from Resco's site and there's no option in the setup to install the screen capture utility. There's File Explorer, Photo Viewer and System Toys and there's no screen capture utility listed as a sub-option to any of the three. And Resco's site makes no mention of a screen capture utility. :confused totally:

Jerry Raia
08-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Doh! it is part of the photo viewer! :oops:

ctmagnus
08-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Ah. I thought maybe xultar had an older version and that Resco had removed it for some reason. Anyways, the SMT5600 has a pictures app in rom and it suits my needs sufficiently that I won't be installilng Resco's Photo Viewer to do the same thing, in the 32MB of ram that this thing has.

Thx for the info!

Jerry Raia
08-02-2005, 08:10 PM
If you are looking for another screen capture utility check out smartssplus.

Mike Temporale
08-02-2005, 08:25 PM
If you are looking for another screen capture utility check out smartssplus.

Do you mean ScreenShotSP (http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=868)?

Jerry Raia
08-02-2005, 08:58 PM
No I posted that last one from my phone (didnt want to attempt putting the link in :lol:). Here is the link:
http://www.louterrailloune.com/index.php?page=smartssplus

There is a regular and plus version. I use the plus version on my 5600.