View Full Version : Cellphone Fees Could Rise

Mike Temporale
03-18-2005, 07:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://news.com.com/Clash+over+cell+phone+fees/2100-1039_3-5623824.html?tag=nefd.top' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/Clash+over+cell+phone+fees/2100-1039_3-5623824.html?tag=nefd.top</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Cell phone bills will dramatically increase if American states and cities enact thousands of new laws in the pipeline, a wireless-industry lobbying group has warned. Already, about 17 percent of a typical U.S. cell phone bill covers state taxes and federal fees--an increase of three percentage points more than in 2003, Steve Largent, president of the CTIA, told attendees at this week's CTIA Wireless show in New Orleans. Lawmakers in California, Massachusetts, New York and other states are currently considering a total of 1,541 new cell phone measures, he said. If that legislation goes through, "the tax burden continues to get heavier and heavier," Largent said. "There are clouds on the horizon of the future of wireless."</i><br /><br />While I don't think there is anything to be concerned about right now, it is interesting to see how many laws are in the works to govern and "protect" the consumer. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 1500 measures is an embedded camera tax, or maybe even a SMS tax. :? Only time will tell.

Kris Kumar
03-19-2005, 05:08 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if one of those 1500 measures is an embedded camera tax, or maybe even a SMS tax. :? Only time will tell.

More taxes. Aaaaaaaaaargh....&lt;runsOutOfTheRoom>

:evil:

Jerry Raia
03-19-2005, 06:48 PM
It must be nice to just stick you hand in somebody else pocket when you want more money.

Ainvar
03-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Dont forget the power button tax, and the dialing tax, along with the talking inthe mic tax, and of course how silly of me to forget the tax tax and the tax tax tax and last the right the breath and live tax.

He I think I would be more apt of the goverment just stealing my paycheck to my face then through taxes on every little thing......

BR
03-28-2005, 05:27 PM
taxes, what are those? I have never heard of them before :lol: