View Full Version : MPX220 - Where can I find a spare 1000+mah OEM battery and unlocked?

edgar
03-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Two quick questions. Ok Three...

I can't seem to find OEM batteries for the MPX220. I'm very reticient to buy a 3rd party battery, I dont need a fire in my pants! 8O

Two, i have an MPX220 from AT&T bought via our enterprise business group. Is there some magic place one looks to find out if my phone is unlocked? I installed Sprite Backup with no issues and I think that requires an unlocked device.

Lastly, how does one put the phone in flight mode.

Thanks

Mike Temporale
03-14-2005, 06:53 PM
I can't seem to find OEM batteries for the MPX220. I'm very reticient to buy a 3rd party battery, I dont need a fire in my pants! 8O

Try this thread (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7583) :D

Two, i have an MPX220 from AT&T bought via our enterprise business group. Is there some magic place one looks to find out if my phone is unlocked? I installed Sprite Backup with no issues and I think that requires an unlocked device.

There's application lock and SIM lock. Sounds like your device is application unlocked, as for SIM lock, try inserting a SIM card from a different carrier. Although, I'm fairly certian your phone is SIM unlocked.

I don't have a MPx220, but it should be the same on your phone as mine. Tap the power button - don't hold it down, just press and release. You should see a Quick List menu. Select Flight Mode, and your done. :D

edgar
03-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks Mike :D

you were right on all three questions. battery and spare cover ordered and flight mode works as you said.

Now to go find my managers tmobile phone and try his SIM.

-Edgar

Mike Temporale
03-15-2005, 02:16 AM
:mrgreen: Good to hear that everything is working out for you. I'm pretty sure that your phone is SIM unlocked, but it's worth testing out just to make sure.

the_patriot
05-02-2005, 04:26 PM
:mrgreen: Good to hear that everything is working out for you. I'm pretty sure that your phone is SIM unlocked, but it's worth testing out just to make sure.

I have got 1000+mah battery it is 4-5 days but ı usually play colinmcrae2005 in my mpx220

mooker
05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Two quick questions. Ok Three...

Thanks

Read the manual.. !!!!
:wink:

Nick555
05-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi

Can anyone tell me what "Flight mode" does? (It's not in the manual).

Nick

cortez
05-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Flight Mode disables the phone's radio so you can leave the phone on when on an airplane. you cannot make calls, surf the web, etc., while the phone is in Flight Mode.

Nick555
05-24-2005, 08:40 AM
Ahh thanks. Has anyone ever tried to explain flight mode to the aircraft crew? :wink: