View Full Version : MPx220: What are the differences between black and silver?

aliv
03-13-2005, 01:04 AM
I want to get black. I was able to use my friend's silver Cingular with 1.3 firmware for a week - no problems at all. So wondering if I will get same with black? Am I correct understanding blacks are unbranded?

Thanks!

Mike Temporale
03-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Currently it's pretty hard to find some place selling the black models. Initial rumor is that the black ones where prototypes only. Other reports are saying that the black models are for UK release. I haven't heard anything solid, yet.

killah21
03-13-2005, 03:58 AM
All black models are unbranded.

aliv
03-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Currently it's pretty hard to find some place selling the black models. Initial rumor is that the black ones where prototypes only. Other reports are saying that the black models are for UK release. I haven't heard anything solid, yet.

I've also heard that, but if you will look at the russian market, then most of examples in the reviews will be black. I also have a guy who will bring some 220 for sell from UK - so I will look if they are black. What I'm interesting is may be somebody has black and can tell me if there are any problems like previously was with incall volumes, camera and bluetooth in Cingular before 1.3 firmware. I.e. I will try to see what is the firmware version of the phones will come from UK - so wanted to have at least some idea to compare with.

So: what is the firmware version? Are there any problems with black mpx220?