View Full Version : MPX220 & Bluetooth GPS

SassKwatch
03-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Finally got around to attempting a connect between the MPX220 and an Emtac BT GPS that I've been using with an iPAQ for quite some time.

The 220 finds the GPSr just fine, but it wants a 'Passkey' to make the connection. I've tried entering the password I have set on the device (several times in case I was fat fingering something), but so far....no go.

Any ideas what's going on? Not sure I understand why a passkey would be needed for this device.(?)

Vuvision
03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
I have similar problem getting my SMT5600 to accept the passkey for my headphone BT. Turned out that the SMT5600 tends to default back to T9 mode and screwed up the passkey.

Not sure if your Mpx220 is the same, but something to consider.

Good luck

SassKwatch
03-12-2005, 05:39 AM
I have similar problem getting my SMT5600 to accept the passkey for my headphone BT. Turned out that the SMT5600 tends to default back to T9 mode and screwed up the passkey.

Thanks for the suggestion. But unless the display on my 220 is misleading, it appears that isn't the problem here.

Mike Temporale
03-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Oh, hey Sasskwatch,

It's not looking for your handsets passkey. The passkey is unique for each device that connects. Check your headsets manual for the passkey. It should be something like 0000

Let us know if that helps 8)

SassKwatch
03-12-2005, 01:10 PM
It's not looking for your handsets passkey. The passkey is unique for each device that connects. Check your headsets manual for the passkey. It should be something like 0000

Let us know if that helps 8)

It certainly did help....even though this was a gps rather than a headset.:)

Had to Google the passkey for this device. Guess I could be wrong, but I swear I never had to enter a passkey when using this same GPSr with the iPAQ.(?)

Thanks!

Mike Temporale
03-12-2005, 06:06 PM
:oops: Ya, that's right... GPS. Don't know where my mind was. Glad to hear everything is working now. :D