View Full Version : Motorola MPX 220 : bluetooth Activesync possible or not ?

edupin
03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi,
I cannot synchronise my mpx 220 with bluetooth, whereas it was posiible with my Orange SPV E200 and SPV C500 (it was difficult and did not work each time I tried, but it happened to work).
I am afraid it is impossible with mpx 220 because it lacks menu item in Activesync options compared to my SPVs.
Can someone confirm if he managed to sync his mpx in bluetooth and how he did this ?
I have a french MPX unit.
(and sorry for my bad english).

jimfee
03-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes, I struggled with this feature but eventualy found it to be a problem with my BT adapter,

The best advice I have seen was posted here by Kris, unpair or delete the item from the computer, Active Sync via USB cable - TWICE - then when you are in Active Sync there is a Menu that reads

Options
Connect Via IR
Connect Via Bluetoot...

This has worked for me, Good Luck to you

edupin
03-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks, I'll try this.
But unfortunately the reason why I want to sync by bluetooth is that synchronisation by USB cable does not work with my unit ! It is the first time I encounter such a trouble with my smartphones or Pocket PCs !
When I connect my MPX, my PC says "unknown device, impossible to connect"...
I am afraid it comes from the poor quality of the USB cable that comes with the MPX package.

jimfee
03-01-2005, 05:55 PM
MMMMM...... :?:

Just for the record are you running the 3.8 Version of ActiveSync??

Jerry Raia
03-01-2005, 07:43 PM
I know it works. I use BT active sync on both my desktop and laptop with my MPx220. Definitely the BT adapter/setup on the computer is suspect.

edupin
03-01-2005, 11:11 PM
OK, it works now : I just managed to make a short synchro with the USB cable (it failed after a few minutes, just like if someone had unplugged the device). But after I succeeded in making a bluetooth activesync.
I just cross fingers and hope it will work again tomorrow and so.
Thanks anyway.
For the record, I run Activesync 3.7.1 (the 3.8 version isn't yet available in french version, should be a matter of days)