View Full Version : MPx220 Losing Time

spokrie
02-28-2005, 02:08 AM
OK, I think we might have another MPx220 "issue" For the past two days my phone has lost time. Now I'm not worried about a minute, but my phone displays 12 hours off. I did a sync yesterday when I noticed the time off, but it did it again today. :? Any one else seeing this?

Scott

Kris Kumar
02-28-2005, 03:38 AM
I think I have noticed this problem on MPx220 and SP3i. So I am guessing there is a bug in WM 2003 SE. Reboot fixes it. And it is not a persistent problem. In the last 3-4 months, I may have seen it 4-5 times.

And it has never been off by 12 hours. Maybe by 1 or 2 hours at the most. That is because I look at the screen once in a while to see mail indicator or time (I dont carry a watch).

Mike Temporale
02-28-2005, 04:40 AM
I have never noticed this on any of my phones (none of which are the MPx220) and I use my phone for checking the time all the time.

Kris Kumar
02-28-2005, 04:49 AM
Forgot to ask if the Time Zone is configured on the Smartphone correctly or not.

spokrie
02-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Yes the timezone was correct. I did a hard boot... we'll see of ot happens again.

Thanks!!
Scott

otty
03-16-2005, 03:35 PM
I am losing time also, usually one to two hours. I have my date and time set correctly and the time zone set properly, but when it changes to the wrong time and I go into time and date the incorrect time appears. It's a real problem because I rely on the phone to notify me of appointments. I also have papyrus and battery pack pro installed. Does anybody have any other ideas as to what might be resetting the clock. I'm wondering if their is a conflict with the date and time in the WM2003 program and any date information that cingular may download.

Help!

JerryP2375
03-17-2005, 03:24 AM
This is exactly why I held out on buying one of these...I wanted to wait a while to see if this issue would arise with this phone with someone else and low and behold you've made up my mind not to purchase it. I used to have a T720 and this was a major issue with all 3 that I went through. Except my date, time, calendar, alerts were all affected. My alerts would go off whenever they wanted. Rest assured I will not make the mistake of purchasing another Motorola as I rely heavily on alert reminders. Also, I too use my phone as a watch. Guess I will be setting my sights on another smartphone. I will post a new thread in the correct forum asking for suggestions. Thanks

otty
03-17-2005, 05:20 PM
I think I finally figured out the problem with the MPX220 time change problem. I will have to monitor it for a few days to be sure, but here is what I think: In the Time and Date setting under the settings menu there is a time zone setting. Following reasonable logic I set my time zone as: Eastern U.S. Which shows as GMT-5. I then set my phone's time and date to the correct local time. (I live in Maryland which is definitely in the Eastern U.S.) I noticed that in the morning my phone would be 3 hours early. I then went back to the time and date setting and changed my time zone to Mid Atlantic which is GMT-2. Doing this automatically changed my time to the correct time (without my having to change the time setting).

Here's what I think happens. Cingular (my carrier) probably sends out a time signal periodically which is then being adjusted by the time zone setting, consequently leading to the time appearing incorrectly. If this is the case then all we need to do is find the correct time zone to be in sync with our carrier's local time.

otty
03-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Ignore my previous reply. Changing the time zone did not help the problem. It still changes time. Changing the time zone also changed all of my calendar appointment times. Help!