View Full Version : Help with my SMT56000!!

NTzeke
02-26-2005, 06:43 AM
Anybody ever have a problem with their SMT5600 botting up. Mine occasionally simply gets stuck on the "Windows Mobile" startup screen. After taking out the battery a few times, I can usually get it back to booting up.

This time, however, it simply won't boot. It always gets stuck on the "Windows Mobile" screen. Anybody have any clue on what I can do??

Also, if I can't get this fixed............what are my options? I bought my phone through Amazon (ATT Wireless).

Thanks in advance.

Mike Temporale
02-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Since you bought the phone from an official sales channel, you still have a warranty. If you bought it off ebay, you could have some trouble.

As for the problem, I have not seen this happen to my device. I would suggest a hard reset. My guess is that some 3rd party application is loading on boot and causing problems. Maybe it's trying to connect to the net before the phone is fully ready or something.

Kris Kumar
02-26-2005, 02:35 PM
I believe the only option is hard-reset.

This has happened to me a couple of times. And hard-reset has fixed it. :-) But you will loose all the personal info that was stored on the phone and apps you installed.

In my case the problem was that I had configured the mail box to download a ton of mail and it filled up the internal memory and it did not have enough room to boot up. I believe this is a known issue with the Smartphone OS.

But it could also be what Mike has described.

Kris Kumar
02-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Here is a post on how to do hard reset. (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=46926#46926) It is tricky and you will need to have a lot of patience [and skill] to get to the reset menu. :-)

But before you do try the reset, try taking the battery and the SIM card out and putting it back in. Also maybe take the mini-SD card out also. If it is because of some crazy app installed on the card, that should fix the problem.

Let us know how it goes.

NTzeke
02-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Hard reset worked and little of my settings were lost (I kept most things on the mini SD)

Thanks so much guys, I didn't even realize you could do a hard reset like that.

Smartphonethoughts.com saved me.

Kris Kumar
02-27-2005, 03:08 AM
Glad that your Smartphone is alive and kicking. :-)