View Full Version : SP3i and dust

mpaquette
02-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Today I noticed my 1 month plus 5 day old SP3i has dust under the screen and lots of it, mainly on the right side. Is this a big problem with these screens? Does anyone know if imate will do anything about fixing or replacing the screen? I'm having flashbacks to my dusty Jornada days. I guess I figured manufacturers had this nasty little problem cleaned up by now. :cry: and :evil:

Mike Temporale
02-25-2005, 04:29 AM
There has been some mention of this with the C500, but not much elsewhere. Since the phone is still new and under warrenty, I would try and place a service call.

Kris Kumar
02-25-2005, 05:29 AM
First of all I must mention that you have me worried. I have an SP3i. Hoping that the screen stays clean.

If I were you, I would contact i-mate thru Clubimate.com. Use the live chat option.

mpaquette
02-25-2005, 03:26 PM
I'll give live support a try on club imate a try.

I'm pretty sure the dust has been there for a bit, but I just haven't noticed it. Unlike my dusty old Jornada the dust isn't all that noticeable. I can only see it when the screen is dark and I'm outside or in a brightly lit room. Yesterday I was outside and the sun was actually shining in Michigan and that's when I noticed the dust. When I'm inside it isn't very noticeable and when the screen is lit up it's almost impossible to see. Now that I know the dust is there, that seems to be what I focus on. What a bummer.

choo_choo
03-01-2005, 03:20 AM
I have a bunch of dust in the upper right hand corner of my smt5600. Got it the first week I had it!!!! Arrggghhh.

Kris Kumar
03-01-2005, 03:41 AM
I believe the dust is getting in thru the gap in between the keypad, atleast on the SP3i. Last night the room was dark and when I hit the keypad, I could see the light coming out of the sides of the keypad buttons. Check it out. Bad design. They should have put some kind of fibre to seal the gap. :-(

encece
03-02-2005, 01:09 AM
I hear if you blow into the speaker holes on the side and into the volume keys, it clears the dust. Better to use a can of compressed air to do the trick.