View Full Version : MPx220 "Calendar" and "Contacts" features "gone"

casus_belli
02-23-2005, 11:28 PM
I noticed this when I went to make a phone call. The phone doesn't respond to the "Calendar" or "Contacts" selections, and neither do the contacts appear when I start to dial a number.

Also, when using activesync, and selecting "Tools" and "Options", there are no check mark boxes beside these features. In fact, the only box with a check mark is "Inbox".

Please help!

Thanks.

Jerry Raia
02-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Do you sync to an exchanger server? Before you get too far along did you do the usual turn the phone off and back on?

casus_belli
02-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Yes, I turned it on and off. No, I only sync to my notebook.

Thanks.

cortez
02-24-2005, 03:21 AM
go back to Active Sync, then select Tools-->Options, then under the Sync Options Tab and Desktop Section make sure the, Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, etc. options you want to sync with your Notebook are checked. Also make sure that you haven't checked the option to sync directly with the Server. if your phone is connected to your laptop via ActiveSync, your contacts, etc., should sync with your phone.

Jerry Raia
02-24-2005, 03:55 AM
He is saying there aren't any boxes to check. I would delete the partnership with active sync and re-establish it from scratch as a first step.

cortez
02-24-2005, 04:03 AM
oooooooooooooooo! i had that happen once before; i had to uninstall and re-install ActiveSync. i agree, delete the partnership first, then attempt to create a new one. if you don't have ActiveSync 3.8, i'd recommend downloading and install it if you still have problems.

casus_belli
02-24-2005, 06:01 AM
I first deleted the partnership, and then re-created it. Didn't work.

Unisntalled activesync, reinstalled it, created a partnership, and still no check mark box by "calendar", "contacts", or "tasks". "Inbox" has a box and a checkmark.

Any more ideas? Thanks for your help!

Oh... seems to have occured after installing the new Fizz Traveller update! Uninstall that? I know, doesn't seem to be a connection there, does it?

casus_belli
02-24-2005, 06:03 AM
BTW, when I select the calendar or contact icons on the phone, nothing happens.

cortez
02-24-2005, 06:16 AM
i'm assuming that [1] you've installed Outlook (not Outlook Express), [2]you've got contacts in Outlook and [3] when you select Tools-->Options, the Enable synchronization with a server option is disabled. if the answers are yes, then i'd uninstall Fizz Traveller, recreate the partnership with ActiveSync and attempt to sync your contacts, etc.

the only other option that i can think of (at this point) is a hard-reset of the phone. also, if you haven't already done so, download/install ActiveSync 3.8

let us know what happens.

Jerry Raia
02-24-2005, 06:20 AM
Well at this point I would do a hard reset on the phone. This will return it to out of the box condition. If you decide to do this turn off the phone, then hold down the blue button (the big one) and press the power up button at the same time. You will be asked if you want to reset your phone. Press yes and its done. Takes less than a minute.

One last thought, before you do the hard reset, try taking the battery out of the phone for a couple minutes. Then put it back in and turn on the phone. Sometimes that has cleared things up for me.

casus_belli
02-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Nothing but the hard reset worked. It was as if the Calendar and Contacts were completely gone; not just the data, but the functions themselves. I've just completed a hard reset and pairing, and all seems to be well.

Now I just need to remember how to set up the POP3 boxes and install all of my software. :)

Thanks for your help.

Jerry Raia
02-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Glad you are back up and running :)