View Full Version : SMT5600 Bluetooh activesync not working

Klebel
02-23-2005, 07:56 PM
I have the activesync working like a charm with the USB cable but I would prefer to get it working with Bluetooth. Whenever I try to set it up I get a message on the phone stating "Please bond with other Bluetooh device which supports serial port or Activesync profile as your Activesync Partner." Can anyone help me with this one? From the computer I can see the phone listed as one of my bluetooth devices. Any pointers would be great.

Thanks.

Mike Temporale
02-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Check out Kris's article over here. (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7365) It talks about setting up Bluetooth modem for your laptop. The first part talks about setting up a partnership. Which is what you need to do. Just follow his steps, and you should be fine. :)

Klebel
02-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the link Mike. I deleted everything and started over. I could get the internet connection working just fine, but I still couldn't get Activesync to work over Bluetooth. Other ideas?

Mike Temporale
02-24-2005, 02:51 AM
Ok, so now you have a partnership setup between your computer and the phone, right?

From ActiveSync, click File/Connection Settings You need to make sure that the come port listed is setup in your systems Bluetooth. It should be mapped to a serial connection. If I recall correctly. The other thing you can do is run the wizard. It should work through all the com ports and find the correct one.

Klebel
02-24-2005, 03:09 AM
I am right with ya. I had the bluetooh on the laptop find the services available on the phone. I setup Com6 as the serial port over bluetooth. Then I activate the bluetooth serial port and try to run Activesync to find the device on the serial port com6. No deal. Activesync still can't find it.

Mike Temporale
02-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Are you running Windows XP SP2? If so try turning off the firewall. For that matter, if you're running any firewall app, try turning it off. Lets see if that solves it.

homeLAN
02-24-2005, 03:41 AM
You have to have your phone discover your computer, not the other way around. You would think, logically, that it should be computer discover phone, but that won't work. This was the mistake that I orginally made when trying to set up BT ActiveSync, and it drove me crazy until I figured out that I was doing it backwards.

Klebel
02-24-2005, 06:05 AM
OK I am willing to give anything a shot at this point. How do I initiate that from the phone side? :?

homeLAN
02-24-2005, 07:07 AM
First, set BT on your computer to "Discoverable". Then, on yor phone:
- Start|(6)ActiveSync
- Menu|(4) Setup BT ActiveSync
Follow from there. Remember to reset your computer's BT to "On" when finished.

Kris Kumar
02-25-2005, 06:14 AM
First, set BT on your computer to "Discoverable". Then, on yor phone:
- Start|(6)ActiveSync
- Menu|(4) Setup BT ActiveSync
Follow from there. Remember to reset your computer's BT to "On" when finished.

These are the steps. The pairing has to be initiated from the Phone.

But before you begin, on your computer go to ActiveSync->File->Connection Settings. Check the "allow serial cable or infrared..." option. And in the pull down list, select the COM port number that is associated with your laptop's BT.

Awacs
03-16-2005, 06:19 PM
I downloaded a great guide to setup activesync trough bluetooth, and I put it on my own page to download for everybody that have the HTC Typhoon smartphone. Here it is:

http://orlandsportalen.no/qtek/Qtek8010-ActiveSync-via-Bluetooth.pdf

:)

Awacs

dbob
10-31-2005, 07:02 PM
For $1.95 I purchased Bluetooth Switch. It allows me to set up a speed dial for BT on/off on my smt 5600. This avoids many clicks. :)

ctmagnus
10-31-2005, 09:53 PM
For free, I purchased ;) BlueTooth Toggler (http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=99493). Apparently, it does the same as Bluetooth Switch but costs 100% less.

Bluetooth rocks (again)!

dbob
11-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Would you be kind enough to provide your smartphone surfing spots - especially the ones with such great deals?

Also what programs do you use on your smartphone?

Dbob :)

ctmagnus
11-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Where I surf for Smartphone info? Mostly here and occasionally Modaco (where I found the app in my previous post).

As for apps:

Free:

BAV73 SCalc
BlindLemon BlueTooth Toggler
FVC and PB MetroSP

Pay:

ALL-Locations Traffic Counter SP
CityTime Alarms
Developer One Power Calendar
Developer One Power Tasks
Resco Explorer 2003
Resco Registry Add-in