View Full Version : MPx220 locks up for no apparent reason

Dlogan
02-18-2005, 08:19 PM
For some reason, my MPx220 has started to lockup. By lockup, there are two different occurances. The first one: Pressing any key or button (even the power button) gets no response. My only alternative for this one is to remove the battery. The second one is really wierd: I can receive or make a call, but the party on the other end can not hear me. I can hear them just fine. This one will drive you crazy because you have no warning until you either answer a call or the person on the other end picks up. For this one, I have to re-boot.

I really can't say that there is something I do to cause these, but maybe there is. I have noticed it happening (not everytime) after I reject a call with the phone closed by using the volume button. I have also noticed it happening (not everytime) after I take my phone far enough away from my desktop so that the Bluetooth connection is lost.

Any ideas for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

stevew
02-19-2005, 12:07 AM
What ROM version? start/settings/about/manufacturer If it's not 1.30 you can go to Motorola's site and uprade

Dlogan
02-19-2005, 06:27 AM
Should have mentioned that I do have the latest ROM version 1.30.

stevew
02-19-2005, 01:53 PM
The only thing I can recommend is a hard reset. I've heard of this clearing up things like you're experiencing. You will have to reinstall all your apps.

Jerry Raia
02-19-2005, 07:26 PM
I have had both of those problems with mine. Since my last hard reset (a few months ago) I haven't had either of them. Yet. :roll:

Dlogan
02-20-2005, 04:15 PM
It's not like I have a ton of apps added to my phone, but there are a lot of settings that I've changed over the past couple of months. I am assuming a hard reset would require apps to be re-added as well as all settings re-set. Everything will be just like it was out of the box, right? What about the ROM update..does it stay? If I decide to do a hard reset, how do I do it?

Thanks, Dlogan

Jerry Raia
02-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Yes the apps and all your settings will have to be reinstalled and reset. The phone will be as it was out of the box. If you have a miniSD card in the phone it will NOT be affected (though I would remove it just for the heck of it). You will still have to reinstall applications that were on the card though as the phone portion of the installs will be gone. The ROM update stays.

To hard reset turn the phone off. Hold down the big blue button and at the same time press the power button. You will get a black screen that will ask you if you want to reset the phone. Press yes and you are done. It' takes less than a minute.