View Full Version : Error 734 PPP

spokrie
02-18-2005, 05:13 AM
With Cingular do you need the data plan to use the 220 as a modem? I am using the pay as you go, and I can't get past the 734 error. I looked around here and saw one possible fix, but does anyone have any other ideas?

Scott

Jerry Raia
02-19-2005, 01:27 AM
You do have to have the data plan to use it as a modem.

spokrie
02-19-2005, 05:34 AM
Not at this time. I was using the pay-per-use to test.

Jerry Raia
02-19-2005, 05:38 AM
Ok so you already have the data plan right? Are you using it with a laptop or a PPC?

spokrie
02-19-2005, 05:42 AM
I'm trying to use my laptop.

Kris Kumar
02-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Oh..not the 734 PPP error. :evil:

It seems it happens for a lot of crazy reasons...the classic Microsoft definition of the error states that it is because of an authentication problem. Like when you are not authorized to access the network.

I believe you are dialing an ISP like AOL or Earthlink? The one thing that has not been confirmed is whether Cingular allows connecting to an ISP. :? It is also called CSD connection.

Or by the pay-per-use plan do you mean you want to use Cingular's data network on a pay-per-use basis? i.e. use Cingular as the ISP over the cellphone network. It might be a good idea to clarify if Cingular allows data usage on the pay-per-use basis.

spokrie
02-19-2005, 05:57 AM
For testing purposes I was using the pay-per-use (PPU) MediaNet. I've done the additional AT string, and I am dailing *99#. It may just be I need a data plan, instead of PPU. I am using Cingular.

Sorry for the tangent, but Cingular's new data plans stink.

Scott