View Full Version : SMT5600 Number of Ring Question

Vuvision
02-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Ok ... I gave up after spending over 30 mins playing with the menu trying to change the number of ring for incoming call.

Currently after 3 rings my phone promptly kicks into voicemail. I need to extend it to after 5 rings. I can't seem to find in the soft CD manual neither. Anyone?

TIA

cdcooker
02-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I think it is something you need to contact the service provider. It should be at least 4 rings before the voice msg kicking in. The reason I said at least 4 because sometimes I hear six rings from my calling phone before the voice msg of the cell phone kicking in. The reason apparently is because in some office building, the phone doesn't ring in the first two rings. I tested it in my office, and it does happen from time to time, as I can hear two ring on my desk phone while nothing happens on the cell phone.

Mark Larson
03-25-2005, 06:42 AM
This works, I use it myself. Most ringers are defaulted to 20 seconds, not enough time if you can't find your phone and you miss the call. This will let you increase your ringtime to 30 seconds (the highest, six rings). Just type the code below down just like you're making a phone call.

*61*(your service center number)**30# [press Send]-you should see a message on your screen after it's done

Your service center number is your voice mail number which is by default in your phonebook. If it is not then you can press the following code and it'll tell you what your number is.

*#67# [press Send]-write down your number, area code and all

Enjoy!!

Mike Temporale
03-25-2005, 09:01 PM
*61*(your service center number)**30# [press Send]-you should see a message on your screen after it's done

I get a message that says "Succeded" :? I hope that the change was in regards to ring length, of course, I could have just enabled global dialling of some other feature. 8O :lol:

I'm guessing that the 30 = the length in seconds? The default = 20?

Mark Larson
03-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Yup, exactly. If it doesn't give you an error, it probably went through. You could verify it by calling yourself from another phone though.