View Full Version : Yahoo Issues

rdecker
02-10-2005, 05:39 AM
Has anyone had a problem with logging in to Yahoo with the Mpx 220 on the Cingular network?

I can get into the main page but, when I enter my password, I get the error (This page contains errors and cannot be displayed).

I don't have a problem with my V600.

I'm running v 1.3 firmware on the phone.

Ralph

stevew
02-10-2005, 06:21 PM
No problem here. Are you trying to log into yahoo mobile site?

rdecker
02-11-2005, 05:16 AM
I tried www.yahoo.com and wap.yahoo.com.

I get to the site OK but, when I try to enter my user info I get that error....

Realy odd.

jeff
02-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Are you using IE or the Opera beta? I am able to get in (last i checked) to yahoo via IE, and it works through opera but you do have to disable the mobile accelerator as the proxy server for some reason doesnt like yahoo or google.

jeff
02-11-2005, 09:45 AM
wait a minute, he's right. not only is my IE now unable to login to yahoo.com, but my inbox set up to work with yahoo mail (which has worked for weeks now) no longer can connect either. Try this guys, see if you can login to the site.

stevew
02-11-2005, 06:12 PM
I just logged in with no problem. I did notice it goes to a redirect page first which it never did before..

jeff
02-11-2005, 09:08 PM
stevew, are you on cingular? maybe it is locale specific, i am located in CT. Where are you from rdecker? It could be something to do with the local gprs servers.

stevew
02-12-2005, 12:38 AM
stevew, are you on cingular?

Yes Cingular in Florida.

rdecker
02-12-2005, 08:29 AM
I am using IE and on Cingular in Las Vegas.

My V600 works fine.

jeff
02-13-2005, 08:09 AM
making progress on two fronts - the yahoo issue and the issue of gprs connectivity dying periodically on the device.

First of all, yahoo - this is definitely locale specific as i took a trip to ny today and the pop access worked fine all the while and did not fail until reaching maybe one or two cell sites away from home here in Ffld. county CT. The rest of yahoo also worked perfectly oiutside this area - so there is definitely something up with the gprs network in my area. It nowe appears to be sporadically connecting, however it was totally stable outside the state. Something tells me this problem will resolve itself through normal maintenance by cingular.

Now, the good news...

In my endless attempts to rectify the constantly dying connection of my mpx220 (1.3 firm) I reflashed my phone and reinstalled everything, and set my gprs connection to idle disconnect -> never. Voila! My connection was live all day long, easily 13 hours straight, and didnt die until my pop access died (probably killing the connection). I am going to further test this setting and see how long it lasts in the coming days. IT is the most promising and stable scenario i have tried yet. From the store it lasted maybe 3 hours, and other settings recommended here and modaco were even less than that.

f.y.i. - those of you without the flat rate mediaworks plan may want to avoid this as it may lead to excess data charges - i dont know how the idle disconnect affects that. I have the plan so its no big deal for me.

I did see a post on modaco about using alternate DNS servers, i havent tested this yet either. Thats next if this fails. I'll start a new thread if i find out anything useful.

stevew
02-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Jeff, I can't seem to find the idle disconnect setting. Where is it? And can you still receive a call with GPRS active?

Kris Kumar
02-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Jeff, I can't seem to find the idle disconnect setting. Where is it? And can you still receive a call with GPRS active?

Start->Settings->Data Connections->Menu->Options

Kris Kumar
02-13-2005, 04:17 PM
And can you still receive a call with GPRS active?

You can receive calls when GPRS is active, as long as the Smartphone is not sending or receiving data. If the GPRS connection is idle, then calls will be received.

Kris Kumar
02-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I am on T-Mobile, using pIE browser.

I can access the HTML based my.yahoo.com (can login into my account and view my page). But cannot access the wap.yaho.com. It shows the Yahoo! Worldwide page with links for all the countries and then when I click the link for any of the country, it tries connecting and stays put at the same page. :-( A month or so ago, I could view the WAP pages and check the news etc.

Looks like Yahoo! has changed the WAP page code generation. There is some tag in the page that is breaking the pIE browser.

jeff
02-13-2005, 05:56 PM
The connection has again lasted overnight, and moreover the pop access issue has seemed to resolve itself. So i dont know about the yahoo issues that Kris mentioned. I am able to access all of yahoo on ce again now - strange. Anyway, i have still yet to lose my connection, and my email is auto updating every half hour. That also seems to be working. Another big test will be tonight when i am going into a building that i know my signal dies in - in the past the auto mail retrieve function has killed the gprs connection when in an area where it cannot receive a signal. We'll see tonight if i have to reboot after being there. Still - far better than it ever was. It has again lasted 13 hours straight so far after dying last night as mentioned in the prior post. You guys may want to try this setting and see if it works for you.

rdecker
02-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Not sure what happened - I didn't change anything - but about a week ago Yahoo started working...I also noticed that sites that did not have good graphics (and did under my old AT&T plan) now have the same good graphics with Cingular.

Cingular must have changed something on the system...Whatever happened...All appears well!

Ralph :lol:

Loki666
03-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Any one else having trouble staying logged in to Yahoo? I logged on for the first time, but when I went back the next day, I had to log in all over again. Is there a "remember me" trick I am missing...it was that way on my old sprint phone.

rdecker
03-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Noticed the same problem with the Mpx220; yahoo seems to 'remember' my V600.... :?

rdecker
03-05-2005, 10:48 PM
I seem to have figured out how to stay logged in on the Mpx220...I logged into Yahoo on the full HTML site and selected the remember me box. since I have done that, I have been able to log into the WAP side and it knows my phone..

Ralph