View Full Version : Vodafone Germany to Release the Motorola MPx220

Jerry Raia
02-09-2005, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.ppcw.net/?itemid=2233' target='_blank'>http://www.ppcw.net/?itemid=2233</a><br /><br /></div><i>"According to the German online magazine heise.de, Vodafone Germany is ready to release the Motorola MPx220 Windows Mobile Smartphone during February this year. Without a contract it should be available for around 470 Euro. Wow, good news for Windows Mobile lovers; after the successful T-Mobile SDA-line launch and o2's announcement to release the MPx220 (wonder when it will happens), now Vodafone Germany joins the Smartphone hype with the MPx220! :-) Germany becomes Smartphone paradise. ;-)"</i><br /><br />I have to give it to Vodafone. They were smart and waited until North America finished beta testing the MPx220 for Motorola before unleashing it on their unsuspecting customers. It is good when this Smartphone thing spreads though. I have to ask, how do you say "Can you hear me now?" in German? 8)

spokrie
02-09-2005, 11:04 PM
... I have to ask, how do you say "Can you hear me now?" in German? 8)

Können Sie mich jetzt hören? :D

Scott

Jerry Raia
02-10-2005, 01:15 AM
:rofl:

cortez
02-10-2005, 01:25 AM
hey!! what's with this beta-tester tag???? 8O ?? i thought the release of ROM 1.3 moved us to a "gold release"; or in other words, officially removed "the" tag.

(it will be interesting to see if Vodofone users have the same issues...)

Mike Temporale
02-10-2005, 02:29 AM
Jerry is just saying that North America did the beta testing and it's now good enough for the rest of the world. ;) Not that it's still in beta. Of course, it could still be full of bugs that we just haven't found yet. :lol:

spokrie
02-10-2005, 03:11 AM
Not to pile-on, but a Micrsoft powered device having bugs??? Say it's not so. :D

Scott

Mike Temporale
02-10-2005, 03:41 AM
Not to pile-on, but a Micrsoft powered device having bugs??? Say it's not so. :D

In all fairness to Microsoft, these bugs are specific to the MPx220. It's more of a Motorola thing - this time anyway. :wink:

spokrie
02-10-2005, 03:53 AM
You are correct Mike... I guess I should have qualified my responce with:

...Of course, it could still be full of bugs that we just haven't found yet. :lol:

Scott

skibee
02-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Sheesh -- 470 Euro -- that's A LOT of money.

I dunno how well this would sell. My experience is that europeans love their cell phones little. The MPx220 while very functionable, isn't a little device.