View Full Version : bt agony

MRNUTTY
02-05-2005, 08:55 PM
well. my first weekend of fun is turning ugly. the manual for the sp3i details the bt modem link setup proceedure that doesn't work. it only accepts USB and ircomm, but not BT,even with bt set to discoverable. has anyone beejn able to user the phone as a bt modem? the xda is starting to look real good again (although this H4350 with hijacked wifi rocksz :D)

thanks!

Kris Kumar
02-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Have you tried the steps described in this how to article:

Your Smartphone as a Bluetooth Modem for Your Laptop (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,7365)

I have an SP3i and used it successfully as a BT modem for my laptop and PPC.

Kris Kumar
02-05-2005, 09:02 PM
What is you carrier?

Cingular customers must provide additonal modem connection string.

MRNUTTY
02-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks Kris, I'll try that. the manual that came with the phone didn't match the options the phone gave me. I was able to get the t-mobile voicestream settings into the data connections menu - so the phone will operate GSM and GPRS :)

the calamity of trying to master two new devices at once (with poor GRPS coverage at home.... i have to do my experimentation in the parking lots of stores :( )

Thanks Again, will try with this new info!

MRNUTTY
02-06-2005, 12:52 AM
the deck seems to be stacked against me :( i can get get up to "standard modem orver bluetooth link #7 properties" but when i enter the extra initialization commands the box only allows me to enter up to "AT+CGDCONT+1,"IP","internet2.voicestream and then.... nothing no more characters... blah
os is version 4.20.0 build 14053... i am dead in the water :(

edit:okok, don't ask my why, but i removed that part, and reset and it started working :) now, i was at that point before.... but god know when you've got kids howling, and wives yelling at you, i guess you screw things up in subtle ways... long story short - that gawd damn thing is working, WOOHOO! well, at least until tomorrow. but if it works once, then by jimminy it's got to work again... only i hope it goes a lot quicker that time. by cracky!

Thanks!!!!!! at least now that i know it can be done, even by me!

Kris Kumar
02-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks!!!!!! at least now that i know it can be done, even by me!

:rotfl: