View Full Version : FS: Radio Shack PRO95 and PRO96 Trunking Scanners...

MajesticNJ
02-02-2005, 03:50 AM
I know they are not smartphone related. Sorry.

Both radios are in good condition and work fine.

PRO95:
Has some scratches on the screen but nothing too bad. I have pictures if you want to see them. Includes the normal battery pack. I am unable to locate the yellow charger pack..

PRO96:
Includes the yellow battery pack and 4 radio shack rechargable batteries. I am unable to locate the normal battery pack. I also have a car charger cable and a data cable to connect to a PC serial jack for configuration in Windows using WIN96. Will sell for an additional $20 for both.

Both have no box.

Paypal accepted.

Buyer pays shipping and insurance.

Will require telephone communication to a phone number registered to the address I am shipping to prior to shipping out. (Sorry...my way of being carefull)

Asking $100 for the PRO95.
Asking $380 for the PRO96.

Email: [email protected]

Fred

MajesticNJ
02-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Still have both radios. Anybody want to make a reasonable offer? Really need the cash.

Thanks,

Fred

Mike Temporale
02-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Sorry but... What's a Trunking Scanner?

MajesticNJ
02-21-2005, 02:40 PM

There not just your average scanners. Hope this helps Mike. :)

Trunking Public Safety Radio Systems

In a trunk radio system, a large number of users share from 5 up to 29 frequencies. Users are assigned a "group id" and field radios are programmed to only pick-up transmissions for that group. A computer, called the "site controller", automatically assigns a frequency for users belonging to the same group to communicate with each other. This is done over a data channel called the "control channel", which carries data that tells field radios what frequency they are on. Sound complicated?

Let’s say that local police are communicating on one frequency. As soon as there is a break in the communications, the controller automatically moves all users in that talkgroup to the next available frequency. At the same time, the fire department is on another frequency, as soon as there is a break in communications, the controller moves them to the next available frequency, maybe even the one police were just on. This makes efficient use of all frequencies whereas in a conventional system, frequencies are used only when they are needed. For this reason, many police and fire agencies are moving up to trunking radio systems for their communication needs.

Trunk radio systems may have one or more control channels that rotate every 24-hours. There are several different types of trunk radio systems, they include; Motorola, EDACS (Enhanced Digital Access Communication System), & LTR (Logic Trunked Radio).

In order to follow communications over a trunk radio system, a scanner capable of "trunk tracking" is needed. There are many trunk tracking capable scanner available from several manufacturers.

Spatulator
02-21-2005, 06:44 PM
And this has what to do with smartphones?

MajesticNJ
02-21-2005, 07:35 PM
It has absolutely nothing to do with smartphones which is why I started the post with, "I know they are not smartphone related. Sorry."

And this has what to do with smartphones?

Mike Temporale
02-21-2005, 07:40 PM

There not just your average scanners. Hope this helps Mike. :)

It did. Thanks! I didn't realize there was so much going on behind the Police radios. Pretty interesting stuff. I could have used one of these on the weekend. :D

MajesticNJ
03-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Both are sold. Mods, please remove the post if you would like. :)

Fred