View Full Version : Live streaming TV on smartphone???

xxpinballxx
02-01-2005, 09:21 PM
I was watching of all shows , The Tony Danza Show, and they had a tech guy that showed the MPX220 playing the show as it ran. I am not sure what this is or if its available right now or not.

Just wondering if anyone else seen it or not.
I already know of the smartphonetv which i already have but this seemed to be streaming the actually show with maybe a second or two delay.

Anyone else see this?

Kris Kumar
02-02-2005, 01:54 PM
I know it is possible.

In fact I can stream the TV audio to my Smartphone. Haven't yet figured out the how to stream the TV Video. The problem in my case is that my ATI All-in-wonder Pro (very old card) does not let Windows Media Encoder grab TV video.

Basically using Windows Media Encoder, and getting the audio-video codecs right and maybe with WMP10, you will be able to see the TV. Also there is a solution called Beyond TV that lets you stream live TV also.

But to answer your question, I haven't seen any documentation on how to get the live TV streamed "successfully" to the phone. :-(

But would like to find out how it can be done too.

xxpinballxx
02-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Thats what I thought....I was shocked when this guy held up the phone and showed the live feed of what tehy were doing. It showed Tony Danza raise his arms and maybe a sec later the screen of the MPx220 showed the same thing!

I went to their website to see if they showed any info on it and of course it showd nothing.

niceguymr
02-12-2005, 10:31 PM
smartvideo.com

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking about, but I just downloaded/installed the free 7 day trial software and I am able to watch LIVE streaming video from several different chanels. There seems to be about a 5 second delay from the actual broadcast, but it's definitely live. Make sure you've got an unlimited data plan if you use this.

Here are some of the chanels you get:
CNBC
MSNBC
The Weather Chanel
FOX Sports
IFilm
Varsity Television(?)
DIC Kids Network

The chanels are certainly limited, but still, it's pretty cool. I'm sure it won't be long before there are more chanels offered.

Kris Kumar
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I had totally forgotten about SmartVideo. We had posted about it a while back.

Thanks for posting about it. I downloaded the trial. Not bad. Now I can get the CNBC video along with the audio. Awesome; except for the monthly charge. :-(