View Full Version : 2 into 1 ??????

jsstevo
01-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Hi there,

I currently have an Ipaq H2210 (PPC2003) and use various mobile phones.

I’m now getting to the point of using both so much, that I’m having to carry both around with me all the time. Would a SmartPhone be an appropriate fix to this?

The main functions I use on the PPC are Activesync E-mail, Activesync Calendar, Activesync Contacts, Activesync Tasks and GPRS E-Mail. Do SmartPhones have Word / Excel and the other programs? How do you use a SmartPhone? Stylus? Keypad? Either?

The size of the device is also an issue for me, the smaller the better.

What would you recommend to be the best device for myself?

Any / all help is appreciated.

Cheers,

J

ebelen1
02-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Hi there,

I currently have an Ipaq H2210 (PPC2003) and use various mobile phones.

I’m now getting to the point of using both so much, that I’m having to carry both around with me all the time. Would a SmartPhone be an appropriate fix to this?

The main functions I use on the PPC are Activesync E-mail, Activesync Calendar, Activesync Contacts, Activesync Tasks and GPRS E-Mail.

For these functions, a smartphone would be fine.

Do SmartPhones have Word / Excel and the other programs? How do you use a SmartPhone? Stylus? Keypad? Either?

All smartphones to my limited knowledge use a switch or toggle, not a stylus. I haven't seen Word/Excel but my friend's MPx2200 has a reader of word/excel.

The size of the device is also an issue for me, the smaller the better.

Smartphones are definitely smaller.

What would you recommend to be the best device for myself?

I like my Audiovox 5600 but I still use my Axim X3. I just don't take it everywhere with me.

Any / all help is appreciated.

Cheers,

J

Jason Dunn
02-01-2005, 05:07 PM
ebelen1, it looks like you put your answer inside the quote, which makes it impossible to tell what you actually wrote. :-) Your text needs to be outside the [ quote ] and [/ quote] tags. :wink:

Jerry Raia
02-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I think one of the primary considerations is how much data entry you do. Since the Smartphone has no touch screen the only way to get data in is with the phone keypad (assuming you don't use some external device). So if you are inputing data directly into the phone and a good amount of it, you might find it a painful experience. On the other hand if you are mostly reading data either entered by sync or downloading (like email), the phone pad entry might not bother you too much.