View Full Version : Installing Programs

mpaquette
01-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I recently picked up an imate SP3i and I'm still learning the ins and outs. Where do most Smartphone users install add-on applications? Are they able to run from a storage card?

Jerry Raia
01-26-2005, 01:28 AM
I have everything installed on the storage card on my MPx220. No problems with programs running from there.

Mike Temporale
01-26-2005, 02:54 AM
I have a mix, the larger applications are installed to the storage card. The only thing to watch for, is that some application may not like being on the storage card, and in some cases, it could be slower to launch and run applications from the storage card.

mpaquette
01-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Ok, so it sounds like it is pretty similar to a Pocket PC. Now I just need to wait for my storage card to get here and then install some apps. Thanks for the help!

Jerry Raia
01-26-2005, 04:17 AM
I have a mix, the larger applications are installed to the storage card. The only thing to watch for, is that some application may not like being on the storage card, and in some cases, it could be slower to launch and run applications from the storage card.

Which apps have you put in main memory?

Mike Temporale
01-26-2005, 04:28 AM
Which apps have you put in main memory?

Papyrus,
NewsBreak,
Various homescreen plugins

Storage Card:
vNotes,
Lextionary,

Jerry Raia
01-26-2005, 04:42 AM
I was thinking of moving Papyrus to main memory. Have you tried both locations? Faster in main?

Mike Temporale
01-26-2005, 04:55 AM
I'm not sure of the speed difference, I haven't installed it on the memory card. For applications that are small enough, and that are going to provide a key part of the phone's functionality, I would rather have them in main memory. Even if it just saves a second or two.