View Full Version : I need some help installing SP Task Manager on my MPx220.

ozziegn
01-16-2005, 05:58 PM
I found the SP Task Manager program for my MPx220 but I dont know how to install it.

the program came in ZIP form so I unzipped it on my computer.

there's like 5 different files and a file thats thats labeled as an XML file.

can someone please tell me how or where do I put these files on my phone so I can use this program?

jeff
01-16-2005, 06:10 PM
i dont know where you got that download, but if you get it here:

http://www.airfagev.com/downloads1.asp?id=15

it comes in a .cab file.

just an fyi, take a look at xbar, its a great program. functions as a task switcher as well as a task manager, you might like it better.

ozziegn
01-16-2005, 06:16 PM
i dont know where you got that download, but if you get it here:

http://www.airfagev.com/downloads1.asp?id=15

it comes in a .cab file.

just an fyi, take a look at xbar, its a great program. functions as a task switcher as well as a task manager, you might like it better.

thats the same thing I have.

when I unzip it, there's several files. what do I need to do?

Mike Temporale
01-16-2005, 06:19 PM

You don't unzip a cab file. Just copy the cab file to your phone and run it from the phone. :wink:

ozziegn
01-16-2005, 06:31 PM

You don't unzip a cab file. Just copy the cab file to your phone and run it from the phone. :wink:

gotcha.

but where do I send the cab file to on my MPx220? as in what folder or directory?

please excuse my newbness. I learn very quickly so I wont be asking this same question again.

Mike Temporale
01-16-2005, 06:43 PM
please excuse my newbness. I learn very quickly so I wont be asking this same question again.

Asking the same question twice has nothing to do with how fast you learn. It's more about how quickly you forget. :lol: :wink:

Hey, no worries. copy it to any folder. I use Temp, but you could put it on the storage card, or whatever. Some people use Start menu/Accessories so that it can be run easily. Once it's on the phone, browse to it using your file manager (or if you put it in the start menu, then just punch it up) and it will do the rest. Be sure to delete the cab after installing. Sometimes the cab file takes care of this itself, but it's always best to check.

ozziegn
01-16-2005, 07:21 PM

Asking the same question twice has nothing to do with how fast you learn. It's more about how quickly you forget. :lol: :wink:

Hey, no worries. copy it to any folder. I use Temp, but you could put it on the storage card, or whatever. Some people use Start menu/Accessories so that it can be run easily. Once it's on the phone, browse to it using your file manager (or if you put it in the start menu, then just punch it up) and it will do the rest. Be sure to delete the cab after installing. Sometimes the cab file takes care of this itself, but it's always best to check.

BINGO! you are the man.

thank you so much for your help. :)

Mike Temporale
01-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Cool, glad you got things working. 8)