View Full Version : Convert Your Audiovox From AT&T to Cingular Branding

Mike Temporale
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Raphael has put together a step-by-step guide on how-to convert your Audiovox SMT5600 to Cingular branding. It covers resetting the device, removing the AT&T Wireless and mMode branding, enabling Cingular data services, and configuring Internet Explorer, and MMS. He's even included a couple Cingular graphics to use in place of those nasty old AT&T ones. :wink: If you've been trying to do this, or wanting to, then you need to check this out. A zip file with instructions can be found here. (http://www.beyondthetech.com/downloads/phone/modding/SMT5600Cingular.zip)

Nice work Raphael. 8)

Infarct
01-16-2005, 07:02 PM
And I want to do this because....?

Mark Larson
03-24-2005, 05:01 AM
The only time I noticed that AT&T branding was when i'm dialling, it says AT&T Wireless at the top-right corner of the screen. Hopefully this'll get rid of that.

slsolomon1
07-08-2005, 07:22 AM
I followed the guide to change the boot screen and dial/call banners. The boot screen change worked--the dial/call banner change did not.

I copied the .gif branding file to \Storage\windows, then edited the registry values for BannerImage in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCdial and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSCPROG to \Storage\windows\tmobile_branding.gif, where tmobile_branding.gif is a 176x20 pixel gif image containing a T-Mobile logo.

Now, instead of the "AT&T" call banner, there is no banner at all.

Does anybody have any idea why the registry edit does't work? I double-checked the names twice (That's a quadruple check.) I even tried the file branding_cingular.gif--no go.

Mike Temporale
07-08-2005, 03:44 PM
My guess is that it doesn't work because of the location the file is placed in. I put my files in :

\Storage\My Documents\Branding\branding_spt.gif

or whatever your file is called. Anything put in the windows folder should be removed on a reboot. So that might explain why the image doesn't show at all.

ctmagnus
08-19-2005, 04:12 AM
I was fiddling with some themes and managed to remove the Cingular branding from my 5600. No dialing logos, no startup/shutdown logos, nothing (except for the homescreen theme, which I turned off asap)!

Now I rue the day that I have to do a hard-reset and those logos come back.

Mike Temporale
08-19-2005, 10:54 AM
It's pretty amazing how such a small banner - like the dialer banner - can really impact the look and feel of the phone. I've replaced mine from Orange to SMARTPHONE THOUGHTS. And it looks awesome! I'll try and post a picture once my laptop gets back from repair.