View Full Version : Slow File transfer?

ksundar
01-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Why is the file transfer so slow from my computer to the SMT5600 and memory card over USB? Is there a fix for this?

It is very annonying that it takes almost 30 minutes just to put one album of music on my phone.

encece
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
are you plugged into a usb2 port?
Or you can just transfer directly to the card by plugging it directly into your card reader.

lucnelis
01-13-2005, 12:16 AM
are you plugged into a usb2 port?
Or you can just transfer directly to the card by plugging it directly into your card reader.

Well I have my phone connected with USB2 and with the last mp3 I transferred, it got 27 kBps. That is too slow if you have a properly sized storage card like 512MB.

Has anyone found a way to get higher transfer speeds having the phone connected to the PC with USB? I understand that a regular miniSD card reader/writer can transfer faster but with the HTC phone, the card is located under the battery which makes it quite hard to take it out and put it back in again.

Thanks very much!

L:uc

Kris Kumar
01-13-2005, 03:49 AM
I don't think the current Smartphones support USB 2.0. They are USB 1.1 class devices. :-( Which sucks, especially when you cannot remove the miniSD cards easily.

I am also looking for a faster way to transfer files.