View Full Version : HELP for all my fellow mpx220 user (MUST READ)

wolf55
01-05-2005, 08:08 PM
hello all this is my first post here, but i posted useful information on other forums that i believe will help you out, they have been copied and pasted below. first is about the dread earpiece i believ my info works for all firmwares actually it can't do anything but help. The second post is for those on the wall about buying an mpx220, my experience with it, and other issues that even mpx220 OWNERs might find useful.

howl back if any of this has been useful to you (thats the least you can do)

love,

the wolf.

I have had 2 1.3 firmware phones one the earpiece speaker (not the speakerphone speaker) started to crackle on me but i think that is partly my fault cuz when you put the phone on outdoor profile (LOUD setting)and you put the earpiece volume all the way up the voice regoniton beeps are ear deafening and that might have blown the speaker, but the second on I got has no problems, but i made sure to keep the earpiece and sound system values low (changed them for all profile settings). But Here are 2 other tidbits

There are 2 voulume setting a lot of people are unaware of this now here are there exact names and excatly what they do.

1. "Earpiece volume" when not on a call you can access this by just press the volume button on the side of the phone up or down. All this controls is the volume of you system sounds, like confirmation click sound, and all the voice recognition sounds, I also believe that it might slightly affect your ringtone voulume level, but have not confirmed this.

2. "Call volume" now this one I believe eludes people because you can ONLY access it while actually on a phone call (again with the side voulume buttons), see now I think that a lot of people don't put this on maxium and that is why the have such a hard time hearing, give it a try let me know how it goes.

my setting I put my phone on outdour with all the settings to vibrate and ring (at same time) and all setting to "LOUD (number 5)" except for system soud with I put to 1 and then just crank up the "earpiece" voulme to max.

keep in mind all these setting only work this way (so far as I know, cuz i havent tested other settings)on the 1.3 firmware

Please guy contribute and post your results using this stuff to see if it really helps

thank

howl back at me!!!

wolf55
01-05-2005, 08:11 PM
lots of problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but I wouldn't trade a "WORKING" one in for the world.

run of my down of mpx 220 history:

1. bought my first 1.30 on dec 12, 2004 loved it work g=fine and buf free, but 14 days in I notice earpiece speaker was "loose" causing crackling in call, returned it.

2. exchanged 1.3 rom for other 1.3 rom no speaker problems, but his on came with a seriously horrible camera as I compared it to pix of my first 1.3 rom phone,

3.excahnge second 1.3 rom and un willingly got stuck with .342 rom, oh my god this was the worst phone of the bunch cause of the firmware all voice mail woulf leave a text message icon and send me a blank text message that wouldn't even erase itself when i deleted my voicemail!!!!!!! Camera hardware was good but .342 software makes only night mode the only usable setting as opposed to 1.3 rom where each setting even auto did different things (some better than others). Whatever you do if you see .342 phone run like hell its an obomination.

4. finally got back 1.3 rom with good camera even better than my first phone I beilve cuz this one is hard ware model 1.03 with firm ware 1.3, my orginal i noticed was a .325 harware that was just reflash with 1.3 firmware before it was first sold to me.

you can check out hardware number on the sticker below the battery on inside of phone.

and the box will have a soild black dot (which is not a sticker by the way it is printed on to the label) next to an arrow icon on the imei sticker. I don't know if this signifies only the 1.3 flashware update, the 1.03 hardware or a model with both, as I forgot if my first box had this icon, but i am pretty sure it didn,t 85% sure.

phew great phone but it a bit of the luck of the draw.
if you chose to buy one in the sotre test 3 thing

1.firmaware/ hardware versions
2. camera in a varity of modes
3. make a call and with max "call volume" (press volume button to change call volume only work if you do it during an actual call)not "earpiece value" with phone speakerphone and regular call, make sure neither speaker crackle

love,
the wolf

glb
01-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info... :)

Kherm T.
01-13-2005, 08:16 AM
wolf55, Thanks for helpful info........... :way to go:

wolf55
01-13-2005, 05:49 PM
just trying to help sorry for all the spelling and gramatical error its just that that is alot to type and I wasn't about to go back and spell check all of it.