View Full Version : Samsung to Show Off Fewer Phones

Jerry Raia
12-31-2004, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/12/30/samsung_to_show_.php' target='_blank'>http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/12/30/samsung_to_show_.php</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Samsung has announced that it will show off fewer mobile phones at upcoming trade shows (like CES and CeBIT) so competitors won't be able to copy as quickly. It's not known if other handset makers will follow suit."</i><br /><br />I don't know about you but I don't think Samsung has to worry about companies rushing out to copy their phone designs.

Kris Kumar
12-31-2004, 08:27 PM
Well Samsung need not worry about launching too many models because..because Motorola is doing that and goofing up big time.

OT: Recently saw the Motorola V710 (I think that is the number). It had 2.2" screen. RAZR has 2.2" screen. Why..oh..Why did Moto not include a 2.2" screen on the MPx220. Maybe the designers like empty space around the screen and the body frame. :roll:

Jerry, I agree Samsung does not have cool style. Motorola definitely wins when it comes to cool factor (and also headaches).

Jerry Raia
12-31-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah I own the v710, the screen seems huge in comparison to my MPx220. Believe or not the v710 has issues too. I know its hard to believe.

Back to Samsung, some of their phones look like they took left over parts from different car model kits and glued them together.

Kris Kumar
12-31-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah I own the v710, the screen seems huge in comparison to my MPx220. Believe or not the v710 has issues too. I know its hard to believe.

OT again: My friend wanted to know if the wallpaper for the external screen can be changed on the V710?

Jerry Raia
12-31-2004, 09:48 PM

OT again: My friend wanted to know if the wallpaper for the external screen can be changed on the V710?

That was one of the issues, I searched around quite a bit on that one. Unfortunately no.