View Full Version : MPx220: How do you delete text?

PPCMD
12-30-2004, 09:29 PM
I cannot figure out how to delete text on the MPx220. You can go backwards and forwards but I cannot delete a letter or number etc. This is really a pain when I am trying to enter the Reg Codes for the apps I use. Some developers don't see to get the fact that Reg Codes are hard enough to put in that they put in things like <name here> and you need to delete the "<name here>" parts and I can't.

thanks all.

Kris Kumar
12-30-2004, 11:14 PM
The Back button should do the trick. If it is not working within the registration box, but works in other places like email body compose etc, then the chances are that the developer has goofed up the Back button handling.

The problem is that Back button on the Smartphone works as delete key and also as application close button. This means the developer have to intelligently handle the Back button. And some of them forget about it. ;-)

Blame MS for making it tough for the developers.

PPCMD
12-31-2004, 12:23 AM
Thanks Kris. I feel like an idiot I just didn't try that key. I figured it would do exactly what you thought it was doing. Thanks a million. :) :) :)

ozziegn
01-16-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm also having this problem. I cannot seem to delete text when I need to when I have to fill in forms and such.

what gives?