View Full Version : MPX220 problems with ver 1.3

hughck
12-23-2004, 04:37 AM
I purchased my phone from BB on 12/13/2004. It has ver 1.3, 64K sim, but the volume is still much lower than any phone I've ever owned. The camera sucks in low light, and I know cameras, being a professional photographer for over 30 years. My father-in-law just got an LG1400 phone and the picture quality is 1000% better than my phone.

Does anyone know if MOTO is working on these problems, the volume is my main concern! I e-mail MOTO tech and at first they acted like they did not know of these problems, but on pushing them, they admiited they were aware, but would not commit themselves to fixing this phone.

EDWARREN
12-23-2004, 06:48 AM
I just purchased my mpx220 and love it. I am very disappointed though with how weak the external speaker is. In any moderatly noisey environment I can barely hear its ringtones, especially mp3s. The bios is 1.3 but hopfully they can fix this although im not sure if the speaker can actually handle producing anything that sounds good at a higher volume. Anyone have any advice?

cortez
12-23-2004, 08:47 AM
when i'm in a noisy environment (without my headset) i usually engage the speakerphone and lower the volume...it's the only workaround i know of.

Jerry Raia
12-23-2004, 10:06 AM
With the 1.3 ROM there was an improvement in the volume. It could have been better. Some camera issues were fixed and people have had some luck playing with the lighting settings to improve picture quality.

ragintajin
12-24-2004, 05:46 AM
A question from Captain Obvious...did you remove the plastic off the external speaker?