View Full Version : Need help w cingular internet settings

otty
12-15-2004, 10:58 PM
After numerous calls to tech support and trips to cingular stores I am still unable to connect to the internet with my MPX 220. Nobody at Cingular knows anything about using these phones. My Media Net is setup and I have their $20.00 month media package. It seems that the settings on my phone may not be correct. Can anybody who is using Cingular and has their internet working please post the menu items and settings I need to make it work? I think that people on this forum are much more intelligent and knowledgable then either Cingular or Motorola tech support. I imagine I am not the only one with this problem.

chiptransisto
12-16-2004, 01:47 AM
Otty, the Cingular phone comes pre-set to connect to the internet. If you have changed any of the settings, do a hot reset. (Turn phone off - hold down blue action button and turn it back on - select 'y' to reformat)
When I first got mine, I had the same problem and looked on the internet for Cingular settings - I found many and made many changes to my phone settings. Then I found out that the phone is preconfigured to connect to the internet. I had to go to a Cingular store where they had a computer that was connected to Cingular. I had to register and tell Cingular that I wanted internet connection. I was sent a message with a number in it that I had to enter into the computer at the Cingular store. After that, I had internet connections. The problem wasn't the phone but Cingular's settings on my account.
You may be able to do that from your home computer but to make sure, go to a Cingula store and tell them the problems that you are having and ask them to confirm that you are properly registered.
Good luck!

mbranscum
12-16-2004, 05:08 AM
After numerous calls to tech support and trips to cingular stores I am still unable to connect to the internet with my MPX 220. Nobody at Cingular knows anything about using these phones. My Media Net is setup and I have their $20.00 month media package. It seems that the settings on my phone may not be correct. Can anybody who is using Cingular and has their internet working please post the menu items and settings I need to make it work? I think that people on this forum are much more intelligent and knowledgable then either Cingular or Motorola tech support. I imagine I am not the only one with this problem.

Here are Cingular's GPRS settings. Double check these on your phone. Hope it helps.

Wap
Name: Cingular
Homepage: http://device.home
Service type: WAP
Gateway IP 1: 66.209.11.61
Port 1: 9201
Domain 1:
Service type 2: WAP
Gateway IP 2:
Port 2:0
Domain 2:
DNS 1:
DNS 2:
Timeout: 10min
CSD No 1: +14152441012
User name: 1: [email protected]
Passwrd 1: CINGULAR1
Speed: 1: 9600
Line Type: ISDN
CSD No 2:
User name:
Passwrd 2:
Speed: 9600
Line Type 2: ISDN
GPRS APN: wap.cingular
User Name: [email protected]
Passwrd: CINGULAR1

MMS
Name: MMS
Homepage: http://device.home
Service type: WAP
Gateway IP 1: 66.209.11.61
Port 1: 9201
Domain 1:
Service type 2: WAP
Gateway IP 2:
Port 2:0
Domain 2:
DNS 1:
DNS 2:
Timeout: 10min
CSD No 1:
User name: 1:
Passwrd 1:
Speed: 1: 9600

Mike Temporale
12-16-2004, 11:57 AM
You might want to check out encece's post (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=46730&highlight=#46730) for cingular settings.

otty
12-16-2004, 03:55 PM
You folks are great! You have done what Cingular and Motorola couldn't. chiptransisto's suggestion of doing the reset with the blue button was all I needed to do. It's amazing that Cingular never advised me to do that. Thank you for your help. Once again Smartphone thoughts solves the problems the big boys couldn't

Jerry Raia
12-16-2004, 04:08 PM
The list of settings above and by encece will save you a lot of time if you don't feel like reinstalling everyting after a hard reset though. :)

otty
12-16-2004, 04:12 PM
That's a good point. By the way anybody looking to do the reset should know that everything in the phone returns to default. All contact and calendar info is deleted as well as all programs entered by the user. I figured this would be the case and expected it, but someone who isn't aware of that should take notice.