View Full Version : Best place to buy a 1.30 ROM version mpx220?

Industry Analyst
12-14-2004, 05:52 PM
I saw the Best Buy deal over Thanksgiving and passed, didn't want the older ROM version, don't care for Best Buy much either.

Where seems to be the best place to buy the new updated mpx220 with the 1.30 ROM these days? Cingular stores? Amazon? Some other website?

I was thinking of picking one up before xmas, but wanted to make sure I got the latest.

Thanks in advance!

Kris Kumar
12-14-2004, 09:03 PM
I feel the best place would be Best Buy or Cingular Store.

Reason: You can power up the phone physically before buying it and check the ROM version. ;-) Online might not be a good idea till all the old stock has been used up.

And I exchanged my old .342 version for the new 1.30 version at Best Buy this weekend. So seems like they have the new ones in stock.

Note: They still have the Orange stickers on the box. And the sticker under the phone's battery also states the old version. You will have to power up the phone to see the actual version. :-)

PPCMD
12-15-2004, 03:45 AM
I would say the Cingular store, the Cingular Blue store by my office just found out they will get theirs on Monday which is too bad since I wanted to deal with them on this phone too. Nice group and very helpful. So if you live in the Syracuse NY area visit the Cingular store in the North Plaza very helpful group.

zeke009
12-20-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't plan on buying the MPx220 from the Cingular store. Maybe it's just the one here in MN, but when I was there the other day I almost impulsed and bought the MPx220 for $300. I didn't because he told me I had to buy a data plan for either $20 or $30 on top of my service plan.

So I walked away, stopped at Best Buy, they had the phone for $180-$200 after rebate and were not about to force me into purchasing one of those data plans. So, later this week I will roll the dice on the ROM version and pick this phone up from BB.

Cingular Store:
$300 phone + $40 plan + $20 data plan = $360

Best Buy:
$180 phone + $40 plan + $7 media basic = $227

Saving almost $130 and using some gift cards make Best Buy easier to stomach when it comes time to pay. Down the road, I am sure I will adjust my plan and add some features, but today I don't need the big data plan. That's just my take on it though...