View Full Version : My good experience with the mpx220

jazzy_james
12-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Just wanted to share...

Have the .343 fw phone for about 4 days from ATT NBO and its been fun playing with all the features. The sound is adequate. Can be louder but it works for me. I'm been using activesync via bluetooth on my desktop pc. I can transfer files back and forth. I can even use my pc as a bluetooth headset and mic for my phone. I also use activesync via infrared on my laptop. Now my outlook contact and calendar are in sync on my desktop and laptop. Plus, I can now go online on my phone using my desktop internet connect (Comcast cable) via bluetooth. This way I won't get charge for using GPRS data.

Voice recognition works! I just wish I can do this without opening the flip.

I have the Motorola stereo earphones and it works great. Sound is loud and clear. Great for listening to .mp3 files in stereo. The music mutes when a call comes in automatically plus there's a mic attached to the earphones so I can hold a conversation handsfree.

The only gripes i have is the battery life. Having bluetooth and activesync on all the time drains the battery faster. Plus, mediaplayer only plays .mp3 files. I have a bunch of iTunes files that I can't use unless I convert them.

Overall, I'm pleased with the phone. This phone can do a lot more than any other phone I ever had.

Kris Kumar
12-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Voice recognition works! I just wish I can do this without opening the flip.

I agree..it would have been a nice semi-hands free device, if only we could launch the VR app without opening the lid.

Jerry Raia
12-07-2004, 12:26 AM
I don't think there is anyway a thread about the MPx220 can stay positive for more than 2 posts. :D

Kris Kumar
12-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Okay! Time to break the record... ;-)

I have been using the SP3i for a week now.
- I love the keypad design of the MPx220
- I love the 1.23 Mega pixel camera for its resolution. SP3i's VGA cam is good, very good. But the MPx220 has future. Hoping that the firmware can tweak things.
- SP3i may have 2.2" screen. But the MPx220 has a sharper and more brighter screen.

:-)

Shh...don't tell anyone...I have spent only 30 minutes with my MPx220 in the last 7 days. Rest of the time has been with SP3i.

AMelis
12-07-2004, 03:29 AM
I don't think there is anyway a thread about the MPx220 can stay positive for more than 2 posts. :D Actually, ANY phone. "I think the Kraig Feeblerblaster is the best smartphone ever, but the coffee it makes is too weak......!"

aristoBrat
12-07-2004, 04:20 AM
But the MPx220 has a sharper and more brighter screen.
I wonder if they tweaked it down just a notch (to match the SMT 5600/SP3i) if they could make the MPx220 battery last a little longer?

I think the tide has finally changed for the better w/ the MPx220 now that more updated ROMs are out there. Seem to be a lot more happy campers floating around. :)

Kris Kumar
12-07-2004, 04:27 AM
But the MPx220 has a sharper and more brighter screen.
I wonder if they tweaked it down just a notch (to match the SMT 5600/SP3i) if they could make the MPx220 battery last a little longer?

Good point..I think it will.

I think the tide has finally changed for the better w/ the MPx220 now that more updated ROMs are out there. Seem to be a lot more happy campers floating around. :)

I still waiting to join that camp. :-( I hope they have fixed the iTAP to be a little smarter. I will switch back to the MPx220.

Jerry Raia
12-07-2004, 04:46 AM
I like the phone, with the new ROM it is just fine. I have no more complaints other than how Moto and Best Buy handled it.

PPCMD
12-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Just waiting to get the MPx220 as well. The initial problems did not phase me I just wasn't willing to pay for a phone with the issues it had at the time with no confirmed remedy to fix it. Now that it has been FIXED and is working FINE for everyone who has FW1.3 I am looking to get mine ASAP.

Jerry Raia
12-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Okay! Time to break the record... ;-)

I have been using the SP3i for a week now.
- I love the keypad design of the MPx220
- I love the 1.23 Mega pixel camera for its resolution. SP3i's VGA cam is good, very good. But the MPx220 has future. Hoping that the firmware can tweak things.
- SP3i may have 2.2" screen. But the MPx220 has a sharper and more brighter screen.

:-)

Shh...don't tell anyone...I have spent only 30 minutes with my MPx220 in the last 7 days. Rest of the time has been with SP3i.

That last line kinda weakened the whole "positive" thing. :mrgreen:

PPCMD
12-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Don't worry the crack commando's from Moto will sneak in and hide his power cord so he can't recharge. :P

aristoBrat
12-08-2004, 02:58 AM
If that's the case, let's hope that Moto's Quality Assurance team doesn't moonlight as the Moto commando team. :P :D

xxpinballxx
12-09-2004, 02:59 PM
I recieved my first MPX220 version .325 at the beginning of last month from Best Buy.

When I saw on the internet about the recall i went back with my reciept and they swapped it out no problem with the .342 version.

Finally last night I called the number to get it switched for the 1.30 version and told them I had the .325 version and it had been too long for Best Buy to exchange it. They wanted to know how I wanted it mailed and it should be here in a couple days.

As for the bugs I was able to deal with them withuot much frustration. I guess I am either lucky or very patient with glitchy electronics.

I highly doubt the patience level so I guess I lucked out!