View Full Version : Backup Battery Low???

scottd
12-01-2004, 03:04 PM
I just got the mpx220 phone on Sat and after the phone is fully charged I get the following Alert message:

"Backup Battery low. To prevent possible data loss, replace or recharge your batteries according to the owner's manual."

Anyone else getting this message?
I was not aware that this phone had a backup battery. Someone please help me with this.

Thanks!

otty
12-01-2004, 07:14 PM
I got the same message yesterday when I started using my replacement MPX220. It is the one with ver 1.3 firmware. It has only happened once, and for awhile it was showing no juice in the battery indicator. I removed the battery and restarted the phone and it hasn't happened since. I did have one of my alarms go off today and couldn't stop it. I had to again take the battery out to turn it off. I'm hoping ver 1.3 isn't worse than the earlier ones. At least volume is good and my bluetooth speakerphone seems to work properly now.

scottd
12-01-2004, 08:35 PM
I guess I should have posted that I have version .342.

I seem to only get the message after I charge the phone.

Is there a bluetooth speakerphone issue with this version? If so, what's the problem?

otty
12-01-2004, 08:40 PM
The Bluetooth problem is that the first outgoing call is muted so that the person on the other end of the call cannot hear you. After the first call it is OK. I think it may be better on the update, but I haven't used it enough to be sure.

cortez
12-02-2004, 12:43 AM
one of the first things i've done with each of the 5 MPx220's i've had is peform the old "hard reset"... if i have problems after that, i know i'm in trouble... you might consider a hard reset if you still have backup battery issues... (i'll do the same when i return home and meet #6 on thursday). i'd be surprised if Moto is QA'ing the phones after they're flashed... it's probably a flash 'em --> box 'em up --> ship 'em out process (no reason to change now, lol)...
:drinking:

scottd
12-02-2004, 02:55 AM
How do you do a "hard reset" on these phones?

cortez
12-02-2004, 03:04 AM
turn the phone off, then hold down the blue button and press the power-on key simultaneously. you'll see a screen asking you to confirm a master reset...choose Yes to proceed and no to cancel.

please note that this will reset the phone as it was when you purchased it...in other words, you'll have to reinstall any programs you installed after you purchased the phone, you'll have to re-establish an ActiveSync partnership, etc. it's like starting all over again...